Skip to main content

I am working on Salmon using Mr. T's recipe.  I have wanted some of the Frog mats for years, so started looking for mats that would fit the grill grates on my SMO66.  These things are darned expensive when you need 6.  I did a search for grilling mats that fit my grill size.  I located some at Bed BB.  These are Yoshi, and are copper infused.  They fit my racks perfect. and are $9.99 for 2.  We will see.  I have 8 filets on these mats and headed for the smoker.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Salmon 12 19 2
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Mike - looks good. This late in the season, are you using fresh sockeye, or coho, or other? I have used Mr. T's brine for several years now with great success. Since I smoke salmon for freezing and usage during the winter, I cut to approx. 8 oz portions and just put them on the grates of the Sm066, well oiled beforehand. After cooking and cooling I immediately seal them with the Food Saver and freeze. During the holidays, I use a lot of smoked salmon for a spread for use on bagels, crackers, and toasted pumpernickel squares for breakfast and for party snacks. Post some pics of your finished product! We all owe Mr. T a debt for his great recipe.

Jay:

The Salmon is from Costco.  I am to crippled up to do my own fishing.  One if felits got damaged as I was taking it out of the package to go in the brine.  We will keep this one to use, The rest are headed to a party Thursday.  I was slamming and jamming yesterday getting ready for the party.  As soon as the Salmon came out the foil in the smoker got replaced, and 55 pounds of Brisket went in.  I will fire this up early today and it will finish in time to take to the party.  The Salmon turned out great.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Salmon 12 19 2

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.