Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Tom:
...with a different slant.

Once again Tom, you're the king of understatement...

quote:
Fatty ’Cue offers smoked crabs and smoked lamb ribs, coriander-dusted bacon and pieces of pig. You can eat smoky noodle soups and pickled chilies. There is brisket and bao...Among the best is a broth created from smoked bones, with galangal and Chinese celery: light and fragrant, slightly spicy. “A bowl of noodles,” meanwhile, arrives with scallions and chilies, acidic with lemon juice and young ginger, slicked with “meat juices” collected from resting meats

oh, and Brisket?

quote:
But for specialties, you’ll want the beef brisket as well, made with way-smoked, meltingly tender American wagyu and served with chili jam, aioli and pickled red onion, with some bone broth and warm steamed bao: deckle deliciousness from psychedelic Texas

thanks for the read Big Grin
"There is excellent red-curry-rubbed duck, too, soft and meaty and hot, with sweet pickled daikon."

Last night I was going to throw a duck on the Cookshack; I got my red curry out of my apron-holster and then yelled at my wife, "Where the heck did you put my sweet pickled daikon! All I can find in the fridge is savory roasted daikon. If you and your mother don't stop messing with my daikon stash I am walking out of here!" Some days even a double-wide feels too small.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.