Skip to main content

I received my new Amerique delivery yesterday from UPS. The box looked good from the side that I helped to unload. After the UPS guy left, I took the top off the box. I thought, "WOW, they ship these things upside down". I was trying to figure out how to get the box off the unit, cutting the corners and such. My bride comes up and says, this is it huh? She says also, Ya know there is a big dent in this side? I looked and sure enough there is a nice caved in area on one side. There is also a nice dent on one rear corner. I tell the bride, this ain't good. I never got past taking the top (bottom) off the package. I got on the phone and called the Cookshack 1 800 number and talked to a real nice lady who told me I needed to talk to Tony. Tony was not in or busy, I left a message on his machine. After an hour of waiting for Tony to call me back. I placed another call to Cookshack. The nice gal answered again, I asked if Tony was in or gone for the day, it being Friday. This is near quitting time. She told me he had been on the phone since I had talked to her earlier and that he would definitely call me before he left that day. Tony did call me back right on the quitting time mark. I told Tony what the situation was and in two minutes, I had another Amerique on its way to be delivered. All I can say is AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE. I admire a company that backs their product. I want to say thank you to Cookshack and their employees for the help and support. Honest people doing a good job. WTG Cookshack.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Damar,
Great to hear I own an americue and it is the stuff!
Turkey:12# 5 hours perfect.
Corned beef brisket 14.5# 22 hours,perfect
Pork baby back ribs 5 hours and finish them off on a grill with your fav bbq sauce (PRICELESS)
Fresh polish sausage: (PROBE) 150 perfect.
I will go on and on.
You have made a great investment.
I received the replacement on Friday the 8th. We were not home when it arrived. This Amerique came shipped again upside down. I unpacked it on Saturday the 9th and cured it with 3 pieces of hickory. I then put in 2 pork butts, 7 and 8 pounds. They finished off Sunday and they were great. This morning, I did 2 deer hindquarters, wrapped in bacon to 150 internal. They look awesome, but have not tested them yet, got them in a cooler wrapped. This Amerique looks good and works excellent. I like it.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.