Skip to main content

I currently have my SM066 on a heavy-duty rolling cart. I am not able to invert the top of the cart to provide a flat surface for the smoker to sit on so I have it on 2x6" pieces of wood that raise it up enough for the door to open and the pan to fit underneath. I am looking for/trying to think of a suitable flat work surface that I can lay across the cart and in front of the smoker that I can set pans on and that can catch meat and drippings from when I am pulling from the smoker. So a surface that can withstand the elements and easy to clean. Initial thought was stainless steel but having trouble finding just a table top that is about 24x24". Any thoughts? Maybe using a counter top surface or a thick cutting board?

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I have my SM066 on this cart. Underneath I keep my wood chunks and gloves, tools, etc. When I was researching these types of carts, some people would take the top of the cart and flip it over so there was no lip/raised edge and it provided a level/flat surface for the smoker to sit on. I can't do that with this cart so my smoker sits on pieces of wood to raise it up so it's close to level with the top edge. What I'm looking for now is something to lay across the top of the cart to catch meat and drippings as I remove cooked food from the smoker. I think I am going to try a huge plastic cutting board.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.