Skip to main content

SmokinOkie, Last Thanksgiving I followed your instructions to the letter and my family thought this was the best turkey they had ever eaten. I was worried because I didn't find this forum and instructions until a week before Thanksgiving and I didn't have time to try it first. I can promise you these instructions are greatly appreciated cause I will never cook a turkey any other way, YES!, it was that good!
Thank You!!
We were talking about our guest list for this year's Thanksgiving. My wife suggested we smoke 2 turkey breasts vs 1 in addition to the standard oven 21# turkey, the 2 extra legs and 2 extra wings we cooked last year. All brined.

Seems last year, we ran out of the smoked turkey breast and had a ton of the oven breast left over. Cool
I'll try to help you out Easy...

On brining breasts or marinating go at least 12 hrs and 24 is better.

Should be enough marinade if you choose not to inject, you will put it in a ziplock baggie and make sure all the air is out of the baggie. Remember Smokin' said that if you don't inject your marinade, the skin needs removed for penetration.

Good luck...oh, the smoke time depends on the size/weight of the breast compared to the size of the breast on a whole turkey. I'd figure around 3 hrs at 275*(160* in the breast for finish temp)
Link copied to your clipboard.