Skip to main content

Im using my SM045 for the first time thrusday,  I hve the rib rack, the smokers been seasoned and ready to go, my question is,  if I put more then one rack of ribs in do you increase the cooking time and temp or just follow the book ?                                                              Thanks,  Phil.           

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

For my SM066 at least, I've found the smoker doesn't know how much meat is in it except for time coming up to temp, maybe. Whether I do one rack or five, I use the same temp and the same wood amount, and just keep checking for tender at about the right time (for me with loin backs at 225F, that's about 5 - 5 1/2 hours). Good luck with your new CS smoker! Report back on how it goes.

What's the best recipe you've ever tried for baby back ribs? I've heard that many people tend to boil them before cooking, especially if the ribs are fatty. However, they're already tender, and soft, so why would you do that? Anyway, when I want to cook something really delicious, I always inspire myself from https://www.lolacovington.com/. Here, I found the best seasoning for the ribs, which consists of sweet paprika, dark brown sugar, black pepper, garlic powder and dry mustard. These spices will help you to achieve this fall-off-the-bone tender bites. Let me know if you like it!

Last edited by Soniatay

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.