Skip to main content

so you cook say some ribs, brisket, or pulled pork during the weekend. maybe some tri tip.

you eat some when it is done but your main purpose is to cook meat for work lunches.

at work you have only a microwave (my situation) to heat up your food.

i have some tupperware, but very good tupperware. it is made of glass and rubber top. works very well as long as i keep the rubber top on and leave a slight opening. it sort of steams the meat and it turns out good. i cant complain.

i will keep doing it this way unless there is a better idea out there?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
so you cook say some ribs, brisket, or pulled pork during the weekend. maybe some tri tip.

you eat some when it is done but your main purpose is to cook meat for work lunches.

I do this all the time. Save a lot of money and the food is much better than the cafeteria at work. Have only done brisket and pork though. I use a deep ceramic bowl and put some plastic wrap over the top -- usually add some sauce. Put it on a low setting to warm up slowly. It is acceptable. I think it may cook the fat too fast and provide a little off taste at times. Looking forward to hearing if others have a better process for the microwave.

Does the steaming cause the meat to be a bit mushy? I suppose that can be adjusted by how much the cover is used.
quote:
Originally posted by skipro3:
Put the product in a vacuum sealed bag and take a container to boil water in. Put the container and water in the microwave and heat to boiling. Drop in the meat and let it rest for a few minutes in the hot water. Remove and serve.

That sounds like the best idea mate.
Vaccum sealing and then freezing works best for me. Right from the freezer to the nuker - heat at 50% power until defrosted and then a few mins on 100% power. It'll be just as good and moist as when it first came out of the smoker (well cooler cuz we all know they should rest in there an hour or so before pulling...Smiler)

oh ya, I don't cut the bag open before inserting into the nuker - it may swell up and pop on it's own during the 100% power portion but it won't make a mess.

Smoke on!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.