LETS TRY THIS AGAIN

Big Daddy’s Bread Pudding

Bourbon Sauce

2 Cups Butter
3 Cups Cane Sugar
½ Cup Milk
3 Eggs
½ Cup Bourbon

Heat butter, sugar, & milk until dissolved, temper eggs off heat and add bourbon

Bread Pudding

12 Cups Heavy Cream
6 TBLS Butter
24 egg yolks
1 ½ cups cane sugar
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 ½ tsp nutmeg
1 ¼ cup Brown Sugar
4 TBLS Vanilla
½ cup bourbon
4 ea Chopped Pears
1 cup raisins

Melt butter in the cream on low heat. Mix egg yolks and spices in bowl, temper eggs into cream mixture and add bourbon. Fill 2” of full size pan with cut-up bread. Pour custard over bread and let soak for 5 minutes. Fold in pears and raisins, cover with foil and bake @ 275 for 90 minutes, remove foil and bake an additional 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let rest and serve warm with a little bourbon sauce drizzled over.
I replied yesterday, dont know what happened to it??

It is briefly mentioned in his segment for triple d's on his website, Guy says its what ever bread he serves in his (big daddys) rest. I believe it looks like you could use some nice large crusty bakery loaves of white/italian. my husband say the pan he uses looks like a full size rectangular pan, like one u might use in commercial style chafing dish. I would have to cut it in half (at least) myself. Enjoy and Merry Christas.
Hi everyone,

Just made Big Daddy's Bread Pudding and it came out great. I halved the Bread Pudding part and quartered the Bourbon Sauce. The sauce is very tasty, but I didn't feel the need to have so much of it. Since I couldn't quarter 3 eggs I just scrambled 1 egg and took about a teaspoon or so out of it. I used the raisins, but didn't want the pears, saved those for eating fresh.

The bread I used were small egg dinner rolls made by my local supermarket. I used about 20oz in total.

The recipe fit into a 9 x 13 glass pyrex pan. The custard will cause the foil to rise past the top while cooking, but there wasn't much spillage. I did cook it for the full 90 minutes with foil on and then about 25 minutes with it off until nice and golden.

I forgot to take pictures Frowner

Did anyone else make it??? Maybe I was the guinea pig. Well now we know it was delicious, as if we expected anything less from Big Daddy Smiler

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.