Skip to main content

Hi! Despite having watched several youtube videos / reading this forum on proper brisket injection technique, every time I try to inject as I'm removing the needle from the brisket the injection juice sprays all over the place. It almost seems like the juices aren't getting released into the meat properly. As I've read, I've tried to insert the needle and only as I'm pulling out press the plunger to release the liquid. I've also tried covering the top of the needle as I inject to catch any spray, but it still goes everywhere.  I'd appreciate and thoughts on where I may be going wrong here. Thanks!

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

There is a "Z Track" technique used when giving injections for people that helps stop leaking and the injected fluid from moving from muscle to fat (some medications don't do well in fat) and skin.

When you are ready to inject, pull obliquely (to one side) about 1/4-1/2 inch to move the top of muscle but not the whole muscle. This creates a block/misalignment in the muscle fibers when you pull the needle out and let the muscle go. You have to release and hold for each injection for it to work.

Here is a link that describes the technique: https://www.healthline.com/health/z-track-injection#how-to.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.