Skip to main content

Hello everyone,

My name is Irina and I am a casting associate for a television production company. We are about to start a new show to find the best BBQ and meat cooks in the country, and I bet we can find someone on this forum who's got what it takes! Below is a copy of our casting notice. If you think that this sounds like you, reply to this post. We have an email address to submit yourself for consideration, but I cannot post it on this forum due to spamming rules (I promise I'm not a spammer!) Thanks!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CALLING ALL CARNIVORES

Are you a world class cook for meat-eaters? Can you cook meat- every kind, every way- and bring out the best every time? Can you face off against the best chefs on the planet? And tell them where to shove their soufflé? A new TV show is looking for one man who can cook for the carnivore in all of us.

Must be outgoing and energetic. Fun and plainspoken. No airs. No nonsense. NO ACTORS. Be yourself- and come ready to work. Cooking credentials a plus. Must be between 28-45 years old, and willing to travel.
Email us at supercooks@grbtv.com and include a headshot, cooking credentials, and a tape if available.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

No one under 45 has the patience to cook meat. They either burn it or "doctor" it up so much it doesn't even taste like meat any more. Here's my suggestion on a good cooking show; no store bought meat. All meat musta come either right from a farmer or, even better, off the road. Real men eat road kill! Nothin' finer than huntin' with my 5000 pound buick I say. Now, I'm not talkin' about kill that's all stinky, fresh kill is fine, but make it come from the highway and turn it into something tasty.
quote:
Originally posted by skipro3:
... All meat musta come either right from a farmer or, even better, off the road. Real men eat road kill! Nothin' finer than huntin' with my 5000 pound buick I say...

Your kiddin' I hope? Talk about a sterotype. I agreed with you until this statement. I can't imagine what that show would look like or how it was received.

And no, I don't eat road kill.

And I'm over 45 and I'll cook the pants off of any of these young bucks.

I'm not sure the original poster would see the humor in a Roadkill idea, and it certainly doesn't reflect BBQ'ers in general.

But we know you're kidding...
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinOkie:
quote:
Originally posted by skipro3:
... All meat musta come either right from a farmer or, even better, off the road. Real men eat road kill! Nothin' finer than huntin' with my 5000 pound buick I say...

Your kiddin' I hope? Talk about a sterotype. I agreed with you until this statement. I can't imagine what that show would look like or how it was received.

And no, I don't eat road kill.

And I'm over 45 and I'll cook the pants off of any of these young bucks.

I'm not sure the original poster would see the humor in a Roadkill idea, and it certainly doesn't reflect BBQ'ers in general.

But we know you're kidding...

well....

Actually.....

I was replying to her thread and focused on her requirements:"Must be outgoing and energetic. Fun and plainspoken. No airs. No nonsense. NO ACTORS. Be yourself- and come ready to work."

If you haven't tried "fresh" road kill, don't knock it.
quote:
Originally posted by Pags:
Be yourself. But don't be too old. Like 46 or something. Big Grin

Counts me out again, can we change this rule, appears to be discriminatory on us older smokers

Is this a dating show or a barbecue show?

Dating of course, the way I see it we treat our smoking meats pretty damn good, and we expect something after all our hard work.

I suppose road kill is OK if it's venison.

Come on Pags, cooking roadkill is an art, I'm sure lots of different creatures have been used on this basis.

Ah, too much fun at the expense of somebody!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.