Skip to main content

My niece just showed me how to save que without a food saver. Put leftover meat in a baggie. fill a bowl or pot that is deeper than the baggie with water. Fill baggie with meat about 3/4 full. Place bag in water, then lower as much as you can without getting water in the baggie. Zip up and put in the freezer. It worked. Bag shrunk around the meat. Try it.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

That's a neat trick. I'm not sure how long the ziplock bag will keep the meat in the freezer, even if you get all the air out of it. The reason people are adverse to foodsavers is because of the expense of the bags. Believe it or not you can catch them on sale on the FS website. For example, a 6-roll box is currently on sale for 49.00, down from 67.00. Then if you order eight or more, you get an additonal 30 percent off and free shipping. Then, if you carefully research the coupon codes online, I found one for 50 percent off, so it was eighty percent off total of the sale price plus free shipping. I did the math and the 8" rolls marked out to be about 11 cents a foot. Not bad. There is a food saver section in the forum. Thanks for sharing the trick with the bowl. Never thought of that.
quote:
Originally posted by Chaplain Bill:
... There is a food saver section in the forum...

There is? Nope, I can't find it. I know I'm older, but I don't remember a FS forum. You sure about that? Your confusing me and that's easy to do these days Big Grin Did you mean we have a lot of posts about them?

So how many bags did you end up buying, I'm trying to follow the math. Might have to get that coupon code from you, in case people want to take you up on it. Wink
Ok Okie, I got my diction messed up. It's not a food saver 'section', it's a food saver post under best of cookshack called Foodsaver 101. http://forum.cookshack.com/eve...1028883/m/2751088883

I ordered eight of everything I ordered, First order was around a couple hundred bucks. I’m fixing to order some more since I found the fifty percent one. I want to order a bunch of 8" rolls to put racks of finished SL ribs in. they fit perfectly. I can get three finished racks in the 11” rolls.
Last edited by chaplainbill
Ok, just did the math with what I want to buy. eight 6-roll boxes of 8" rolls which retail for 67, are on sale for 49.99, are discounted 30 percent for buying eight or more and then taken down another 50 percent with the coupon code come to 17.50 for each box. Each box contains six rolls 20 feet each or 120 liner feet of bag. My math comes out to 12.9 cents a liner foot.
Last edited by chaplainbill

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.