Skip to main content

I use the foil on the bottom of my smoker but I still got a lot of chicken fat all over the bottom. I cut the foil big enough it can wrap/lap up the sides poke a hole where the drain is and cover the wood box lid. I don't mess with cleaning out the pork fat it smells good but the chicken fat was runny and plain nasty. I had to scrub all of that nasty stuff off the inside bottom I figured it might get rancid and stink.

Does anyone else have this runny chicken problem, and is there a easy/simple cure?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Some folks like to use lemon juice or other cleaner. I've never had a rancidity problem and I do a lot of yard birds. I pull up the foil and use one of those fake credit cards I continually get in the mail to scrape the fat off the bottom. I bought a black tub from Home Depo that is used for mixing mortar and dump some dish soap in it along with enough hot water to cover the shelves and shelf supports. Let'er soak and rinse.. simple as that. I also take the "credit card" and scrape the sides of crusties about once every few months. I've never had to use soap inside the box itself and it simply smells like a "smoker".. oh yah.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.