Skip to main content

I moved about 2.5 years ago, and I has no place to set up my smokers and grills, I am now in the process of getting a place ready for my smokette.

I found where the people put it, had many helpers moving, and I never changed the bottom foil after every smoke, and there was old foil left in it, and some of the local rodents decided they wanted to get a taste of what was made in there at one time, gaining access through the drain hole.

What is the best way to restore the interior for use, thinking maybe scrubbing with Simple Green, anything better to use.
'
thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
HP will kill germs and disolve grease, but is non-toxic enough to be used to sanitize wounds. Use the diluted HP (3% solution as I recall) available at any supermarket or drugstore.

Ditto

Use it to clean the cutting boards etc.

It is very cheap and can be found anywhere.
Last edited by Former Member
quote:
Fortunately I have a great Q place not far away, so I wasn't without good food, but when you go and buy food you miss the little tastes that one likes to add to make it to their liking.

If you cook using the techniques the experienced cooks write about in this forum you may find that the Q at your favorite BBQ place probably isn't as good as the Q you will make at home with your CS.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.