Skip to main content

I purchased a cookshack 150 today at auction in pretty rough shape. I think most of the parts are there, just needs cleaning, sanding and repainting.

I'm not sure if the wood box is there or not as I can't find a picture of what it looks like and the drawing on the web site leaves much to the imagination and I'm too old to figure it out.

I'm also told it needs a control board. It was manufactured in 2000 and I'll be onto service on monday on that.

Any words of wisdom or photos of the unit inside with particular emphasis on the element/wood box housing would be appreciated.

Mack
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Already found and downloaded and printed. Not a bunch of help.

What I think is the wood box is an object that has two plates 6 X 13.5 that are seperated by smal metal straps 4 inches. These appear to slide over the heating element underneat the heat shield/deflector. Question is "Where does the wood go?" on top or between the elements?

Mack

ps. the unit works. Have totally disassembled it, degreased it, and removed the paint from the main body. Need to remove the paint from the rear verticle electronics housing and the plate underneath. Once that is done, will paint with a maroon color and reassemble. Hope that CS will sell me a new set of stickon lables as the ones on it are history.

Will call tomorrow and try.

Mack

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.