Skip to main content

just got a new FEC-100, replacing one that was recently stolen, called customer service this past Tuesday, have yet to be called back. No problem with old cooker, no need for customer service. New smoker cut off and I can’t get it to come back on. Manual says to press reset switch on back of panel box, no reset switch. There is a hard button type device on the back but it is fixed. There is a horizontal slot, thought maybe small screwdriver provided was to be inserted in slot to reset switch but no luck with that. Can anybody here tell me how to reset? Will call CS again tomorrow but would like to cook today. Thank you.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

jameslanier posted:

just got a new FEC-100, replacing one that was recently stolen, called customer service this past Tuesday, have yet to be called back. No problem with old cooker, no need for customer service. New smoker cut off and I can’t get it to come back on. Manual says to press reset switch on back of panel box, no reset switch. There is a hard button type device on the back but it is fixed. There is a horizontal slot, thought maybe small screwdriver provided was to be inserted in slot to reset switch but no luck with that. Can anybody here tell me how to reset? Will call CS again tomorrow but would like to cook today. Thank you.

I believe the hard "button" on the back will unscrew with your fingers revealing the reset switch.

The black cap screws off to reveal the reset switch. Removing the black cap , the switch unit is then unsecured and vulnerable to falling inside the cabinet. It would have been so easy for CS to secure the switch with a nut, which I will do as soon as possible. Tried it again today and it worked for almost three hours before tripping the switch.i am perplexed but will call CS tech support tomorrow or next day. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.