Skip to main content

Put butt in last night at 10. It cooked till 10 this morning at 225. That is 12 hours without foil. Since 10 it has been at 185 in foil with cup of apple juice poured over it.

It is now 4 in atlanta. 18 hours. The temp in middle was 175 degrees.

Can i put in foil and cook at 250 until 6? We want pulled pork or does anyone think i can pull it after cooking 20 hours. People over at 6 tonight. What to do?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Three things:

1) After this cook, check your therm for accuracy.
2) After you check the therm, check the smokette for accuracy.
3) Never cook just one butt at a time. The cooker works better the closer to full it gets. BBQ freezes well or makes great brunswick stew.

And a fourth BONUS item: Make sure that you're not using injected meat. A lot of the butts sold in grocery stores have "solution added" and they do weird things temp wise.

It's about 9:10 as I write this, so I hope things went well.
Guys,

It turned out unbelievable. 1st one ever and I had both neighbors asking me to put one in for them when i cook my next one. One got the website so he could possibly order one. 6 kids, 6 adults... 6 lb. butt GONE!

Incredible. Meat fell off the bone. You could taste the rub all over it. Pulled perfect with just two forks. Neighborhood hero in just one night!!!

Thanks again!
quote:
Originally posted by Cunninghams:
Guys,

It turned out unbelievable. 1st one ever and I had both neighbors asking me to put one in for them when i cook my next one. One got the website so he could possibly order one. 6 kids, 6 adults... 6 lb. butt GONE!

Incredible. Meat fell off the bone. You could taste the rub all over it. Pulled perfect with just two forks. Neighborhood hero in just one night!!!

Thanks again!

Congratulations!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.