Skip to main content

Why is it that me and like 3 other people including Fast Eddy are aware that Cookshack is going to be making his new 2010 FE 1000 pellet grill. Whats even crazier is if you call cookshack and ask for information on the grill the front office doesnt even have a clue. I really think cookshack is doing a poor marketing job about this pellet grill. I have done extensive research and this is by far the best pellet grill out on the market, cookshack should feel privlagged to make this grill. Why theirs no marketing to hype people up and get people excited to buy this grill is completely beyond me. I mean come on, your talking about selling a grill thats $2600, you guys really need to step it up and keep people in the loop on whats going on with the status of this grill. I've been holding out to buy this grill for a month now, obviously if I just wanted a grill I would have boughten a Memphis Pro or a MAK, but I don't. I want an AMERICAN MADE FAST EDDY 1000 PELLET GRILL. So please Cookshake let the people know.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Welcome to the forum Smokinaces.

If you've done any lurking here, you already know that CS has a solid reputation for top quality products & customer service. Bringing a new product to market requires jumping many hurdles. My guess is that Stuart (Powell) wants to be 100% sure that this pellet grill is solid as a rock before releasing it for sale.

That's my take, anyway.
Max, I understand the jumping through hurdles part for production. All I'm saying is that they need to romantisize the customer,lead them by the hand, assure them that its ok to spend that kind of money on this grill. I don't know how much money you make, but $2600 isn't cheap (especially in this economy), and when you have a customer conpemtemplating buying this grill, you should give them all the justifcation on doing so.
Like MaxQue said.

CS is much more a customer/client/restaurant support organization than a "sell the sizzle,not the steak".

CS makes available accessories,cooking products,woods,etc to help the international and far reaching domestic client operate smoothly and successfully.

They ,hopefully,break even on the support products,and can rest assured about their ability to give virtual "lifetime" tech and sales support.

Having talked with Eddy about controlling the many different aspects of the product line,they would prefer to be sure than less than very good.

Just a couple thoughts from observing from the outside,and no inside info.
Thanks for replying TN Q. I am well aware of the pelletcooker link. I check it everyday to see if their's any new information about the new grill. But for all you reading out there it's (TN Q's) blessed response of "not sure that CS is handling it". That's what I'm talking about. The LACK of information and marketing. Cookshack is for sure building this beast of a grill!!!!!
SmokinAces - As I have understood for quite some time, Cookshack is not the manufacturer of this unit. If you go to the link posted by TN Q and look in the lower right hand corner of the picture of the unit you'll see the words "Manufactured By Dansons". That being the case, I assume that they and/or Fast Eddy are handling the marketing independent of Cookshack. In short, I believe that Cookshack has nothing to do with this product.

In any event, they appear to be available for purchase. Just hit the "Shop" link on the site and place your order.

That said, and unless I'm missing something, I'm not sure what the problem is.
Last edited by dls
Ok guy's, with all do respect, listen up. I know that the current (2009) Fast Eddy pellet grill is made by Danson. I spoke with Eddy for like an hour 2 weeks ago and he him self broke all this down to me, why he hade to have Danson make his grill for a while and why once legal issues resolved he was then able to bring the grill back to America to be made. So I am in no way blowin smoke up all your butts. He told me there will be some new minor changes to the FE 1000 pellt grill thats going to be made by Cookshack. I am aware that I can go to pelletcooker.com and click on the buy now button and purchas one of these grills but I don't want the Danson made FE 1000. I want the new 2010 FE 1000 made by Cookshack that's made in America. I also know that MAK and Memphis are too made in America but in all honesty there not even in the same league at the FE 1000.
P.S, I love you guys!!!
I like you researched the FE1000 and talked to Eddy a couple times before I decided that the grilling portion

was not of as much value to me, as I previously believed. The FEC-100 has more capacity than I need but with the help

of the neighbors, relatives and the guys at work I am cooking at least half full loads with it and doing a real

good job in my narrow minded opinion. I understand that Cookshack provides this forum as a complimentary

service and they don't monitor it on a regular basis. I believe they do a better job than anyone else in the

industry and therefore if they are trying to get their ducks in a row prior to endorsing a new product, I

would more think they are trying to dot all the I's and cross all the T's prior to going into action, that

way they can provide the same great service on any new product as they do on all their existing products.

Just my thoughts..
I guess I've been out of the mainstream for too long. I'd never heard of a pellet grill before this thread.

These pellet grills are very interesting, but none of them are very large. I already have a couple of smokers (one of them my brand new Amerique), so the smoking feature of this type of grill doesn't appeal to me. Usually I don't want grilled foods to be smoked anyway. If I did, I'd smoke first in the AQ, then go to the grill to sear or crisp up.

I only looked at the three American-made grills mentioned in this thread. The way the grill surface is separated into a direct portion and an indirect portion is interesting. I like the easy-cleanup design of the indirect area. The size of the indirect area on these grills would be just adequate for my grilling needs. However, I do a lot of direct grilling (e.g., fajitas) and all of these grills have far too small an area for direct-grilling. I like to grill two or three pounds of flank or skirt steak at once. None of these grills could do it.

My opinion is that the market segment being targeted for these type of grills is the affluent empty-nesters, or very small families who don't entertain friends and relatives much, who want a single "all-in-one" type of outdoor cooking appliance. One that works more or less like their indoor oven, and that covers the gamut, albeit on a small scale, of outdoor cooking methods; low and slow smoke, direct grilling, and indirect grilling.

I'd rather have a smoker for smoking, and a grill for grilling. I can always set up a direct grill to grill indirect if I want to. I can't take a hybrid cooker like one of these pellet grills and direct grill as much meat as I typically do.

I like the concept of a pellet grill for wood-fired grilling. I just don't think the execution of the three models I looked at today would meet my particular grilling needs.
I'll tell you, since no one in this forum knows what Cookshack is up to (well, except me) as CS doesn't monitor the forum and talk about units in pre-production status

How would you feel if they HYPED it and then took an extra year to produce it? You've be mad.

It's not about romanticizg the customer, you get expectation set too high, too fast.

Trust me, there's more to building and selling this that you clearly don't understand, it's a lot of work.

As it's their business, they'll come out with info when it's ready to sell.

Think about it. They already have a production line of a number of items, now they have to add a new unit. They're all hand built and it takes time to design, train, modify the production line.

Shoot, imagine how many they're sell. They need to be ready Big Grin

It takes TIME to ramp up and build something (figure out the stainless, the cuts, the welding, etc, etc, customize the controller). The EPROM in the IQ has to be adjusted for the new size, shape, etc.

It's not like they're going to get the parts and design from the previous builder.

If you'd been around when the new IQ4 came out, there was probably 2 years between when FE first mentioned it to someone and it hitting production. I don't expect that lag, I just say that to illustrate there is a lot to it.

Keep in mind there are manufacturing, design concerns that have to be addressed you certainly don't design and build in a month.

So cut them some slack as I'm sure you don't want a sub-standard product coming out.

Instead of bringing it to the forum, call CS on the line and ask for someone. Maybe the person you reached doesn't know about it, because it's still in production design/scheduling.

I know you want one.

Me, I'll wait until they're ready to build when it's right.
SmokinOkie,
Ok I understand where you are coming from. We both live in a society where whatever's new to hit the streets is advertised to the fullest' and thats what I was expecting. Think about it, almost every major manufacture does it, weather it's car's or new tools or TV's, computers.... you name it. It's practiclly that way all across the board. You cant fault me for thinking the same about this grill and this company. I'll admit I just assumed that the company would keep everybody informed on whats in production and also whats on the drawing board.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.