Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Mark. Like Okie said, depends on your local officials. That being said, I just installed an FEC 100 in my commercial kitchen in Clearwater Fl. I have it located under an exsisting hood next to my 36" grill (with plenty of space to allow for the ventilation). Code here only required me to atach the 90 degree elbow and extend the exhaust upwards to about 5'. Before I did this, the hood was more than enough to take care of the smoke, even when going in and out of the door. The hood is 10' long and vents a convection oven, 35# fryer, 36" grill, and now the FEC 100. Look forward to seeing what your code requires.
quote:
Originally posted by Markgerickson:
Looking at purchasing a FEC 100 for my restaurant. I have a few questions and looking for feedback.
1) How does a FEC 100 work inside a commercial kitchen in reqards to being under a hood for smoke.
2) Is their any products to help with venting of fec inside a building?
Thanks
Mark

If you haven't made the purchase yet, I would strongly suggest looking at the fec120 instead. I really think moving the firepot out of the cooking chamber is a great feature in a commercial setting. I think overall the 100 is meant more as a comp cooker and the 120 as a commercial rig.
I second tailgate Joe's comments. I have an FEC-120 beside an SM160, alongside a cb36" at our restaurant, and the FEC-120 has been a great asset. Also, it's convection feature brings some very consistent heat (bottom shelf a tad warmer), and we also use it as a convection oven for cornbread. mac and cheese, etc. etc. That being said, there also is nothing wrong with an FEC-100, a tried and true smoker for sure. Biggest concern is making sure you find out what the code folks want to see.

Best luck -
Rick
Last edited by Former Member

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.