I'm looking for a electronic repair company that can repair fec100 controller board.  Mine made a loud crack then a small flash of light.

Original Post

Well found another way to get FEC 100 up and running replaced the controller with a PID 180 dollars not bad way to go. Sure beats $1800 for IQ5 just thought I would share a work around.

@joem - PID stands for Proportional Integral Derivative.  It is a controls methodology.  Controller gives an output, what's being controlled sends a feedback to the controller and it compensates accordingly.  Some pretty fancy schmancy stuff and you can really fine tune things if you understand it and know how to use it.

Paulk, I know you've already moved to the PID controller, but from what you describe your old one could have just a blown part, like a capacitor.  Have you done a visual inspection to see if there's an obviously burnt part?

Yes it toast took to a repair guy he said its fried .

Not what so was expecting but after 10 years life happens. I was hoping to get at least 15 years out of it.The new controller does what I expected it to do and control the smoke and heat. When I bought the fec100 back in 2007 it worked great . No complaints about Cook shack at all . I just can not afford 2000 for new IQ5 . I posted to help other people so they can get there old FEC100 back up and running

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.