Skip to main content

I finally broke my PG500, we had a big storm with a lot of horizontal rain and my pellets got wet jamming the auger.  I had started it up and went inside, I could see the smoke starting so I went out to close the door and I could not hear the auger delivering pellets although the auger light was on.  I cleaned out the auger, and it still didn't function.  So I took of the end cover and uplugged the auger motor and checked that I had 120 volts on the terminals.  I did, so I figured I had burned out the motor.  I ordered a new motor and when I went to install it I checked the function before fitting it and found that it didn't work.  I checked the voltage at the terminals again. 120 V, just like I would expect when the green light is on saying that the auger should be working.  Although the manual has a schematic, it just shows the wire connections to the board, not whats on the board.  Is looks like there may be a relay that provides the power for motor,  is it possible that the relay can deliver voltage, but not deliver enough current to power the motor?  Any ideas?

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.