Skip to main content

I am doing a cook of pork butts, actually three large ones since that is all the smokette will hold, for a group of ladies at church in the next few days. I am only responsible for the pork, they will have the sides.

The pork should be ready to pull from the smoker about 7:00 am - 8:00 am and will foil and toss into cooler. About 10:30 am will shred the pork and toss into pans and the cooler and head to the church to deliver it around 11:30. It seems that the pork cools off quite a bit and dips below the 140 mark once it is shredded and placed in the pans. If the clock starts ticking from a food safety standpoint at 10:30 am, then the food must be consumed by 12:30 which is the 2 hour window. The lunch will be served inside and I do not know if it would be feasible to take the pork to the church and shred it there.

Luckily most of the ladies know me and my wife works there with them and they have requested my bbq several times but nothing of this magnitude. That is what happens when you loose your job and now have plenty of time to get volunteered for these things, but they are a great group and have most certainly helped us out in the past, it will be a hoot and most certainly not a group that you dread serving.

Does this seem like a good plan or are there any other ideas and suggestions from all you experts?

Thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.