Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Todd G.:
I use something like this, except I take out the folders and put in ribs. You can get flat versions, or just snip off the rear feet for a better fit.

Just my opinion, but I'd be concerned with using a file folder rack for a rib rack, not knowing what it was coated with. Especially when you can get stainless rib racks at Lowes for a couple of bucks each.
quote:
Originally posted by EZ Goin:

Just my opinion, but I'd be concerned with using a file folder rack for a rib rack, not knowing what it was coated with. Especially when you can get stainless rib racks at Lowes for a couple of bucks each.

I use the chrome racks, but coming from China like everything these days, maybe they are coated with nuclear waste. If that's the case, I guess the chrome racks from the restaurant supply store are killing me too.
The challenge, you mentioned to me that you're cutting them in 1/2, is you now have to fit 18 halves on three shelves. I think you'll run into a vertical problem with only 3 shelves. They'll also be very unstable that way, and you'll have to hold the door open and the heat will escape.

Only easy way is to go the rack method.

No issue with them touching, I just rotate the ribs so any touching get moved as you rotate.

You might also think of doing them in 2 batches. One batch, hold. 2nd batch in the smoker. When it's time to eat, throw the first batch in for reheating and server the 2nd batch first.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.