Skip to main content

I bought a 020 week before last. During the seasoning smoke the wife came in so I was showing her how to set the cook temp. It was running at 200, but an hour or so after that it went to 275. The next day I cooked some ribs @ 225, after 4 hours I set the temp to 140 to hold till supper. I went back in a little while and the temp had run to 255. Now I'm sure I have a problem. I contacted CS and talked to Tony, told him my problem, he asked a few questions, and said he'd call me back in a few. When he called back he told me he had done some checks and was pretty sure I had a bad controller. He offered to trade the whole unit or to send me a controller and let me change it out myself. I opted for the latter. In a couple of days I had a new controller, no charge plus a return shipment label. I installed the new controller and my CS is working great. It's refreshing to deal with folks that care about their customers.

Thank you to Tony and the CS staff.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

To me, it's worth paying some extra money for service like that and the peace of mind that goes with knowing good customer service is only a phone call away. Some people that are undecided between a Cookshack and (insert your choice here) might want to take this into consideration. What good is it to save a $100 on a unit you can't use because a part was faulty and no one answers the customer service phone when you call?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.