Skip to main content

Just this weekend I tried something a little different with brisket I thought I'd share...

Buy a large ROUND Italian bread.

Slice two slices about 3/4" thick.

Smear the inside of each slice with a little mayo mixed with a little garlic powder, and onion powder.

Next...layer on some warm brisket to cover the bread.

Slice some jalapeno cheddar cheese about 1/8" or so thick and layer this across the brisket.

Thinly slice some tomato about 1/4" thick, layer this over the cheese. Put the top slice of bread on to make a sandwich.

Then mix some extra virgin olive oil in a small bowl, add a couple of cloves of finely chopped garlic, a little basil, a little oregano, some freshly ground pepper, and some Goya Adobo All purpose seasoning.

Using a basting brush, gently brush both sides of the sandwich with this olive oil mixture.

Place the sandwich on hot gas grille for a couple of minutes on each side, until just slightly golden brown and crispy.

Tell me this isn't the best damn brisket sandwich you've ever eaten !! Big Grin
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hey try this Smoken...before you grill the sandwhich, take thick slices of brisket and lay them on the grill for a few seconds each side. Talk about grilled steak flavor! Then make your sandwhiches. I tried your technique and that was the only thing different I did and wow what great sandwhich. I think you are on to something there.

You could probably do this also on a sandwhich press or paninini maker too.

Preston D
I tried it the other day with some leftover brisket that I froze. It was great-one of those meals where you know it is going to taste good, but the end result is even better than you imagine.
I'm thinking about making briskets solely for this purpose, its a classic in my house already.

My eyes were bigger than my stomach, and accidently made too many. They reheated great the next day in the oven.
wow!!!!!! after trying different types of griller's at last i found a great griller.Its all

credit goes to http://www.homegrilling.com/ Using griller's such as the George

Foreman Grill added a wonderful smell and taste to the foods we enjoy.Iam using many styles

of griller's depending whether it may indoor grilling or of course outdoor barbecuing.If u

are willing to have a tasteful dinners u can use my advice and have nice taste.

good luck.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.