Skip to main content

My AmeriQue had been taking much longer to smoke meat than my old Smokette so I put the meat in late last night to be ready for a late afternoon party. Anyway, I cooked more meat than I had ever done at once before in the Q....2 briskets and 4 butts. When I woke up this morning, I was surprised to find that the meat was nearly done and the party doesn't start for another 7 1/2 hours.

Do I pull the meat out now and reheat for the party or do I turn the temp down and let the meat cook for another 7 hours?

Also, does more meat actually cut down on the cooking time for some reason?

Thanks for the help.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I had the same experience just the other day on my Amerique, my brisket was done at 9 am and we were not going to eat it till six, I wrapped it in heavy duty foil and a beach towell and put in in an insulated cooler, no ice of course, for 2 hours and then put in in the fridge and took it out about 5pm heated in the oven at 250 for an hour and it was great.
Most cookers of this type cook better,and more consistently with less swings, when full.

If you heat your holding cooler with hot water,wrap your meats well,have a full load,insulate your open space well,it should hold over 135* for six-eight hrs,or more.

Or wrap your meats and let the cooker hold them at 140*.
Last edited by tom

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.