Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

There are a number of vendors that sit in parking lots or go door to door and a number of them have complaints by the BBB as they are selling old or tainted me. Some have a bait and switch and show you good stuff but really give you something different.

I wouldn't. Just sayin' Wink
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinOkie:
There are a number of vendors that sit in parking lots or go door to door and a number of them have complaints by the BBB as they are selling old or tainted me. Some have a bait and switch and show you good stuff but really give you something different.

I wouldn't. Just sayin' Wink

Not even from Chaplain Bill? Wink
Yes. It does sound a bit odd. I've got personal experience.

I bought some meat(frozen) from a guy going door to door in a meat truck. He stopped after he saw me cutting the lawn. Assorted steaks and hamburgers. The truck was well advertised so I figured I'd take a chance.

Every time I hesitated with the purchase, he cut the price dramatically saying it was his last case of the day. So I just kept hesitating. Smart, huh? Once I got him to about 33% of the original price, I knew I had him. Deal completed.

Tried the meat twice. It was the toughest crap I've ever eaten. Suspect Tom would know better than me, but the grade had to be lower than Select. I tossed the balance of the case.

As it turned out, he got me. Never again. Know your source. Especially with all the crazies out there nowadays. Could be a terrorist with a new method of attack.

Andy. Your experience could be much better than mine. I hope so. Let us know.
I feel the need to let everyone know Chaplian Bill is. He is a fellow Cookshacker that follows the forum. He just retired from the Army. While stationed in Afghanistan some of us from the forum sent him beg jerky for his troups. He now has started a pig farm. Great guy. I'm surprised that more of you don't know who he is.
quote:
Originally posted by Pags:
Andy. Your experience could be much better than mine. I hope so. Let us know.

I know it'll be much better! The meat is from Chaplain Bill, a forum member. I knew I'd be going by close to his farm on the way home after Thanksgiving, so I setup to buy some pork from him. He happened to be in Joplin that day and was nice enough to take some time to meet me in a parking lot. Saved me a couple hours of driving.

My son happened to mention after the fact...

"Did we really just buy some meat from a guy out of the back of a mini van in a random parking lot?"

I thought it was pretty funny.

Got some chops & bacon.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.