Hoggy's is a BBQ chain with about 3 restaurants in the Columbus, OH area. They are noted for their mac and cheese as a side dish.

Hoggies Mac & Cheese

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cup Cottage Cheese
2 cups Elbow Macaroni (meas. raw,then cook)
2 cups Mastacceoli Rigoti(meas raw then cook)
1 1/2 cup Sour Cream
2 Eggs
24 oz. Cheddar Cheese, course
Salt Pepper to taste.

Proceedure:

Mix in a large bowl and transfer to a 9x12 baking pan. Cook at 375˚ until golden brown and crusty. About 40 minutes.

Recipe on the web:
Recipetips
Original Post
I am fixing to google up what is Rigoti. lol Bound to be some exotic version of pasta. Hoping this recipe is similar to the one we used to get in the school cafeteria back in the old days. Had a real leathery cheesy top on it..which thinking must be caused when the eggs and cheese get mangled up and migrated to the top.
Qnorth. This recipe is spectacular. Made it today, and it was a total success. Daughter claims "the best mac and cheese...ever. Better than Patty Labelle's recipe." Grandkids loved it. Me and the cocook also. Cool

It was easy to make. Thanks for sharing. Went great with the smoked turkey wings.
OK, I may have to reconsider this as I've come to trust your judgement. When I first saw the recipe I was immediately turned off by the cottage cheese & eggs. Maybe because I ate a LOT of cottage cheese as a kid and haven't had the "pleasure" of eating it for about 30 years now. Eeker
Good afternoon everyone. It has been years since I've been on the CS forum; marriage and other life priorities have taken me away from the site although I still continue to use my SM025 throughout the year.

This coming weekend I am planning to smoke a pork butt, make some smoked baked beans and wanted to try something new... Mac n Cheese! I searched this forum and found this thread and another by Andy J... I have 3 questions for those of you that have made smoked Mac n Cheese.
1. Do you cover the foil container at all while it's in the smoker?
2. What type of wood do you use when making Mac n Cheese in the smoker? Is it easy to add to much smoke?
3. has anyone ever sprinkled pulled pork on top of the Mac n Cheese?

Thanks,

Sean

Add Reply

Likes (0)