Skip to main content

I have been dreaming about owning a smoker for a long time, and after doing a lot of research, and looking for a " no nonsense " ( babysitting ) mean machine that would do the smoking, and all I would want to do, is relax with a cold beer and enjoy great smoked Q .
I got myself a sm025 which is big enough, and am enjoying every weekend eating the best Q.
I'm originally from Joburg south Africa, where we used to eat a LOT of meat, either bbq or "biltong" ( jerky ). So far I haven't come across anyone on the forum from the old country.

It's great to be associated with so many carnivores, "smoked that is"
Thank You.
Gday from Melbourne Australia.
Another BBQ desperate.
2 Smokers,one homemade using different fuels and a Smoke-Daddy.working on an external fire box for it as well.
2 adopted Webber Kettles.
2 Webber Q's.
Spit Roaster and heaps of camping cooking accessories.
Shall do a lot of reading here.
Cheers.
Titch

Edit.
Forgot our Hark woodfired oven

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_1008_(Medium)
Last edited by Former Member
Hi all. I'm Brian, I signed up a couple months ago but this is my first post. I was a meat cutter/butcher shop manager (not a super market) in my younger days. I took a career change back in the 90's.

Anyway, we purchased a used SM150 for a cafe my wife was going to open.

Just wanted to finally say hi to everybody.
Hi all, My handle is Big Frog, a nickname I have had since i was about 2 years old. I have been smoking on a wood fired smoker for a number of years now, and quite frankly I am tired of staying up all night to tend the fire etc and still comming out with bad meat. Seems my wood smoker makes a lot of creoste and ruins the meat. I am seriously looking at buying an Amerique and just wanted to get some feedback from people who owned one. I am impressed with the fact that is American made and seeems to be almost a set and forget smoker. By the way, I live in the pine woods of East Texas. Any insights would be asppreciated
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinOkie:
We're getting lots of new members (and lurkers) so thought I was time for a "roll call".<br /><br />Tell us who you are?<br /><br />

Hi everybody,
I am Ron, and I am located in SE Denver, CO. I just bought an SM045 and while it is busy smoking my first Pork Butt, I thought I would take a few minutes to introduce myself.

I moved back to Denver from San Francisco a couple of years ago and was devastated when I realized my favorite BBQ restaurant was gone! Frowner I used to love going to Bennett's Pit BBQ in Englewood (now Centennial?) but they closed that location and the other is too far to go for me, except on rare occasions. Not sure what got me interested in making my own "Q" but the bug bit recently and I became obsessed - something I am sure is unique on this forum, right? LOL Wink

I am a "backyard chef" by my own designation, though I am not trained. I just love cooking outdoors and do so even when it is winter here in CO. In fact, when I first got back here I took a horrible fall when carrying a beer can chicken out to the grill in a snowstorm. I could have broken my neck, but I didn't - I was saved by falling on my butt, where there is enough padding to soften the fall. The chicken was saved by falling into nearly a foot of fresh snow, thus extending the traditional "5 second rule" until I could retrieve it. After a good rinse, re-seasoning and applying about 10 pounds of ice-melt (to the patio, not the chicken) I cooked what was one of my best tasting BCC's ever.

What I miss most about CA, other than being able to cook outdoors year round is the short drive to wine country. Nothing goes better with good food than a nice bottle of wine. I'm pondering right now what to heist from the cellar for a dinner of pulled pork. I'm open to suggestions, but I suspect I'll need to go light on the finishing sauce or the vinegar will overpower anything I can pair it with. My current thoughts are for white, a Champagne, or a nice California sparkling wine, as the refreshing bubbles and palate cleansing aspect, combined with the creaminess that helps tame the spiciness and tartness of the vinegar should do well. For a red, I have some very nice Merlot based wines, and I think the combination of soft tannins and spicy, dark fruit will provide a nice accent.

I travel to lots of interesting places, including China, which has given me a whole new appreciation for duck, Europe, where I get to renew my food / wine obsession and spend two hours eating dinner without feeling guilty about it, and Brazil, where the Churascarias are sooooo yummy. I am looking forward to preparing a smoked duck soon, and I suspect it won't be long before I am buying a sausage maker attachment for the Kitchen Aid mixer to try to recreate some of the flavors of far away places.

I have done some smoking (sort of) on my Fire Magic grill, but it's a bit too hot for a low and slow, though it excels at searing and charring. This is my first "real" smoker, so I am sure I'll be doing a lot more reading than writing, and a lot more learning than teaching, and for all the work of the folks on this forum who have come before me, I thank you all sincerely.

I thank you still again if you have managed to make it through this entire manifesto, masquerading as an introduction.

Cook well, eat well, live well.
Ron
Hi everyone,

I'm Glenn from Long Island, NY. Yeah, I know, not exactly bbq heaven. Yet I absolutely love Que, and have been making it off and on for close to 20 years now, first with a brinkmann water smoker and then a weber kettle. Some good results over the years for sure. But again, off and on because it was just too time-consuming.

Not any more! I've had my sm025 for almost 2 months now and absolutely love it. The food is consistently delicious, juicy and tender as long as you're not too much more than reasonably stupid (like me!). And the best part of all: it's pretty much set it and forget it!

By the way, I play electric bass in a classic rock cover band (for fun), and was wondering if there are any other bass-playing barbequeing fools out there?
quote:
Originally posted by glennbque:
By the way, I play electric bass in a classic rock cover band (for fun), and was wondering if there are any other bass-playing barbequeing fools out there?

Howdy Glen, and welcome aboard! I know a few folks out on LI who appreciare a good BBQ, so don't lose faith - good food, good friends and good wine pretty much transcend geographic boundaries. I'm new to this also, and I'm also a (very) beginning guitar player, but one who loves the blues. I can't think of a better way to spend an evening than good blues and good BBQ.

My gal Lisa plays bass and between her and my son and hers we can flail out an occasional tune, but it's usually better if I sit out and cook instead of play. Smiler

Cheers,
Ron
Hello everyone, Jimmy from Norton KS. Got laid up here recently and told my wife I was going to look into smokers. You know, check out the Bradleys and such, that I had heard about. Well, one thing led to another and here I am with an Amerique on its way to Kansas. Boy is she gonna be surprised. I can't wait to get started. This site is a huge asset.Thanks averyone for the info.
quote:
Originally posted by jdaniels:
Hello everyone, Jimmy from Norton KS. Got laid up here recently and told my wife I was going to look into smokers. You know, check out the Bradleys and such, that I had heard about. Well, one thing led to another and here I am with an Amerique on its way to Kansas. Boy is she gonna be surprised. I can't wait to get started. This site is a huge asset.Thanks averyone for the info.

Welcome aboard Jimmy!

He he, yep, I don't doubt there will be a surprised reaction! Just to make sure it's a happy surprise, I'd make sure you have her favorite BBQ meat ready to go, LOL.

Enjoy your new smoker! I have had mine for less than a week (SM045). I made a pork butt the other day that I got just a tad overcooked, but it's good stuff! Right now I am getting a chicken ready for the brine pot and that's tonights dinner. Tomorrow is brisket, assuming I can find a good one locally.

Cheers,
Ron
Rev. Rick here. Live in VA. I saved 3 years for my Amerique. It all started when I was "Slugging" to work and heard the driver and another passenger talking about BBQ and their Smokeshack Smokers. I asked questions, got on the web and started my research. Then the driver and I were together again on another morning and he let me taste the Deer Sausage that he had smoked. I was hooked. I purchased my AQ in '06. I have been Q'ing for more than 20 years, I really enjoy the consistancy of the food that comes off of my CS Smoker. The ease of use and the postive reviews from my friends and family. Many thanks go to the folks here on this list. I pull from you all as much as I can. i love to create something new for us that originated with all of you. Thank you all for your advice over the years.
I seem to have trouble getting any feedback on here but will try again. I gave my smokette to my son and bought an Amerique. I love it of course so I won't go there but was wondering if any other Amerique owners have had any trouble with the electronics. I just worry that cookshack will weaken like most others and have parts built overseas. I worry too much I know but think this smoker will last a lifetime and hope I can get parts if needed. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Cheers, Don
Hey, my name is Pat. Im a highway contractor from Texas. Been smoking for years old school but only three weeks an the CS. Best thing since light-bread. Already had good sucess with ribs and butts after reading 101's. I have been guilty of lurking but maybe I'm over that stage. Thanks for the great info.
Hi everyone, My Name is Roger, I got my Sm008 smoker I think it was 7 or 8 years ago. One of the biggest reasons I bought it over another brand was this forum. When I first got in to BBQ, I built my own off-side smoker from scratch. I still have it, but it takes a lot of work and time to cook on it and tend to it every 45 minutes or so. when I got the SM008 I loved how easy it was to use, like cheating. Anyway I am getting back into using the machine because It works great. I like to cook the food in the cookshack, then foil, and wrap it in a towel and transfer it in an ice chest to the duck club. I got this tip from this forum and I still use it) Right now I am doing 2 boneless pork-buts to drag out to a potluck at the duck club on saturday

Thanks

Roger
Greetings from the "newb".

Just seasoned my AmeriQue with a pork shoulder and for my first attempt it was pretty awesome! Hubby and I are in a pork coma right now. He was not a fan of pulled pork till now. Rubbed it down with a dry rub of paprika, brown sugar, cumin, red chile powder, jalapeno powder and S&P.

Man, I can't wait to try some trout in the smoker tomorrow.

Is it possible to overdose on smoke?? Smiler
Hi! B.J. here!
Had my Elite since July/17/10. I have had the pleasure of cooking several great (some not so),meals. Have tried many recipies including Mainley Dave's, SmokinOkie. Thanks.
Today I need adivce. Have cooked a prime rib with cheesecloth, mustard, rock salt on my webber. Was wondering if that setup would get the prime rib brown without having to go to the cnov-oven??
I guess i'm mostly a lurker, but love my Smokette. Thanks in advance, and thanks for the info.
It may get brown that way in the Elite, but the bark we seek can only be achieved with an oven seared finish. Depends on what you want the bark to be like. Check it when it comes out of the smoker. If it meets your needs, just let it rest 45-60 minutes under loose foil. If it doesn't meet your need, throw it into a 500-550* oven for 5-10 minutes after the rest. It'll be ready to slice out of the oven. It just won't take that much longer.

I personally sear it in the oven after the smoke and rest.
Pags Thanks much for the fast reply. I know the bark is very good and looks awesome. After your suggestion, I'm gonna try it. I see you are from Roseville also. I have read many of your post. Just don't want to screw up a good piece of meat from Roseville meat market. If you know what I mean??
THANKS!!
I'm Matthew Ramsey and live in Atchison, Kansas. I picked up a used Amerique a few weeks ago and have been smoking away. I've used a Big Green Egg in the past and am enjoying the control of the CS.

I've learned a great deal from the forum and appreciate the time everyone has spent building this resource.
Matthew,

Welcome. Two great cookers you have. I have the next size down from the Amerique and you just can't beat the ease of smoking with the Cookshack. Guess that is why they don't allow electric smokers at BBQ competitions.

Also nice that you can enjoy great BBQ year around which is something you cannot do with a lot of other cookers unless you are willing to babysit them all night/day.

I also have the BGE and love it for a grill and cooker. Haven't smoked on them yet, but will just to say that I have/can do it.

Jer
Wow,I didn't realize that I had not checked into Roll Call when I started on the forum.

I purchased my SM025 and away I went. Never smoked before. Been at it for 2 months now and have done a lot with pretty good results thanks to this forum, KISS and you can't go wrong.

I am a stay at home mom, so I do all the smoking/cooking, but I prefer it that way! My hubby and three kids love the BBQ.
Hello folks,
Newbie here, been reading the forum a little the last couple days - found a used SM008 on eBay and won it - waiting on that to arrive. I've cooked all my life and love smoked meat. Never smoked anything in my life except cigarettes and cuban cigars. LOL. Did a stint in Chef School in 1992-93 at the California Culinary Academy where we smoked some real fine meats as part of a garde manger course (classic cold food production).
So I'm really excited to try out some jerky, brisket and pulled pork. I do a fine pulled pork in the oven and am anxious to smoke a butt or two. Read a lot of this thread, saw people from all over - places I KNOW. I KNOW Pittsurg, CA. I lived in Concord, not far away. LOL
Also lived a long time in Chicago and all over the state of California - LA, Malibu, Ojai, Thousand Oaks, San Francisco, Pacifica. You name it. I worked for IBM most of my life and the old joke is IBM stands for I've Been Moved. True dat.

Really looking forward to joining the ranks and eventually will figure out where to post some of my other recipes, I do write, if that is appropriate and in the appropriate place.

Greetings Q' fans !!!!

)If I can ever figure out how to write in all BOLD I will. Ain't shouting, just have a real bad case of glaucoma, nearly blind. But oooohhhh wheee do I love to cook anyway.
Newbie Here - My wife Tobey and I live on an old Church Camp East of Salina, KS. I am the 13th of 15 kids. Grew up on a farm in the Salina area. When growing up we raised and harvested our own animals, and we continue that today. I have always enjoyed baking, cooking and bbq. The world of smoking was by accident after a family member bought a restaurant which had a CS 200. They did not want it so I brought it home and started playing with it. I decided if they want it back it will take a court order, ha. We have been having a hog roast yearly and sometimes more often than that. Used to use a pit in the ground, but done the last in my CS. Did not think anything could be better than a pit pig....Until tried the CS. We have been doing two pigs for a local Old Time Tractor Museum each fall for their fund raiser and will be using the CS. I did not have any guidance in using the CS, so it was great when I discovered the CS Forum.Years ago I went to the CS site but did not see the link to the forum, I found it by accident and what a wealth of knowledge I have been reading. I have been a "lurker" for some time, did not feel like I have paid the price to jump in yet, but here it goes....
Another "newbie" here from Aurora, Illinois.

Been grilling for years and finally decided to give smokin a try. At Christmas, bought MasterForge vertical smokers for my 2 sons-in-law and my son and decided "what the heck" got 1 for myself. So far I'm the only one that's tried it. (we usually don't have good enough weather at this time of year) New Year's Day did a chicken and made the mistake of not enough coal. (I've been using hickory or mesquite charcoal from Kingsford) Had to finish the chicken on the grill. Hah - rookie mistake. Couple of weeks later did a pork butt and it was fantastic. Did another pork butt on Super Bowl Sunday (after returning from Mexico on Saturday evening) also fantastic. Then found this forum when I did my first brisket this past Sunday. Only a couple of replies but they were extremely helpful. Putting it up until the weather gets a little better and then going to try duck breast and/or trout.

Looking forward to more help.
Holy Smokes!
I just realized that I haven't introduced myself yet.
I'm Jim Heggeness from Fargo, ND. I got started smoking with a Weber grill and bluebill ducks. I progressed into geese and other meats. I currently use a Cook-shack Amerique. I haven't learned how to use it effectively yet. Most of my efforts come out with a bitter taste. It seems that the build up (creasote?) of a film on the inside of my smoker imparts a bitter taste to the meat. Any comments adfressing this issue will be appreciated!.
Jim
Welcome! What type and how much wood are you using? You want that buildup of smoke on the inside of the smoker. After a while, if you want just a slight smoke, you'll be able to run the smoker without any wood in it and still get some smoke flavor.

Bitter taste might mean too much wood or too much of a strong wood like mesquite.
AndyJ,
Thanks for the response. I usually use 2-3 oz. of wood on my smokes. I have used mesquite, hickory, apple, cherry, pecan and alder. I use alder on fish and as long as I keep the total smoke time under 1-1/2 hours, it turns out good. More than that - icky!
For brisket, I have used mesquite and hickory. They usually take about 12-14 hours and seem "over" smoked.
For pork loins and pork butts, I brine and then smoke to about 170 for loins and 190 for butts. By the time I reach temperature, the meat tastes over smoked.
Any suggestions will be appreciated!
Jim
quote:
Originally posted by Jaques:
AndyJ,
Thanks for the response. I usually use 2-3 oz. of wood on my smokes. I have used mesquite, hickory, apple, cherry, pecan and alder. I use alder on fish and as long as I keep the total smoke time under 1-1/2 hours, it turns out good. More than that - icky!
For brisket, I have used mesquite and hickory. They usually take about 12-14 hours and seem "over" smoked.
For pork loins and pork butts, I brine and then smoke to about 170 for loins and 190 for butts. By the time I reach temperature, the meat tastes over smoked.
Any suggestions will be appreciated!
Jim

I have found in any smoker that if you pull loins at about 140 and not over 145 they will be very moist. I pull at 140 and wrap with foil and wrap with towels and put in the cooler for up to an hour or 2 and slice no more than you will serve. Then for seconds cut some more and it stay very moist. Pork has a bad rap that it needs to be cooked to a higher temp. Especially loins and tenderloins.
Hey all,my name is Chris and I'm a que addict. I know I've been to therapy and failed. Love the que. I am brand new to the art of bbq,but not the taste.Just got a sm045. Ride a VTX 1800 scooter,wife rides a 1300 VTX.We have been all over the area in search of good bbq. Finally said, self what the heck are you buying for, when you can make your own. So here I am.Couldn't be happier. Call me "Q" , peace out smoker bretheran.
Hello all. Cook quite a bit and grill. New to smoking. But have wanted to get into it for a while. Love BBQ of any kind. Researched smokers ad-nausium. Pellet grills, charcoal smokers, electric etc... I must say there is no shortage of people that say electric smoking is not real BBQ. That had me looking at a Backwoods smoker for a while. In the end however, I went with a cookshack SMO 45. Read nothing but rave reviews on the quality of construction (made in USA) and the quality of the food it produces. The 45 will also be about the right size for me also. I ordered mine from the Charcoal store and it showed up severely damaded (UPS shipping). I sent it back and am now awaiting a new one. I'm a little nervous about the condition the next one shows up in. So far the Charcoal store has been very good about it all. I hope I have made the right decision about the Cookshack and who I bought it from. I just want to get started smokin! Words of encouragement anyone?
quote:
Originally posted by Pags:
Well. A lot of us here will vote for the Cookshack. But you're not comparing apples to apples since some of these things aren't similar products.

The Primo is a grill not a smoker.

The Big Green Egg is a grill and can be used to smoke, but from what I've read on their site, it can't smoke below 300* (BGE users can verify if this is correct). We smoke pork butt, brisket, ribs, tri tip, fish, sausage, almonds, and many other things at temps as low as 225*, 180* or lower.

The Bubba Keg is a grill not a smoker.

The Cookshack is pure smoker for traditional barbecue.

If you're looking to smoke, why buy a grill? If you're looking to barbecue low and slow, the Cookshack produces great product with no baby sitting required. Throw your stuff into the smoker, walk away, and let your remote thermometer tell you when it's done.

Conversely, you won't grill steaks in a Cookshack. So I guess you need to figure what type of cooking you desire and go from there. If you already have a grill, then I'd recommend a pure smoker, and specifically the Cookshack.

Well said!
Hi all, my name is Steve. West Michigan is my home and I have served my community for over ten years as a police officer (hence the 'pig' in my title...even we can have fun w/it!)

After spending too many saturday's tending the fire in my offset smoker, I convinced my wife to let me buy something different. After finding a CS008 on Craigslist, I did some research and found the CS forums. I couldn't call and buy it fast enough.

After the traditional PB, I watched Smokin Okie's video on trimming spares into St Louis style ribs and had the best ribs (according to my wife, who is quite the critic). And a big thanks to all the advice posted on here, it's helped a bunch. Smokin's 101's are a must read, and it's a shame I didn't find these forums sooner.. So I am now out of the lurking darkness and into the light.
Hi All,

I am new to real smoking although I have smoked ribs and brisket a few times on my Weber. I've been lusting after a cookshack for a couple years and just finally got an AmeriQue.

In the last week I made pulled pork, ribs, and last night brisket with burnt ends.

I LOVE this thing!!!!

P.S. Thanks to all as I would have been totally lost without all the info on this forum
Howdy from Illinois. I'm new to smokin but been grillin for many years. I am the designated griller at our family functions. I enjoy cooking & eating, especially BBQ. Had my 1st taste of smoked brisket (bootheel of Missouri) almost 40 years ago. Have had a soft spot for good BBQ ever since. Just ordered the SM025 as a birthday present from my wife. I decided on the SM025 based on reputation, reviews, and most importantly, it's Made in the USA, just like me. My intentions are to use the Smokette year round. After lurking for a bit I decided to register. A hat tip to all the kind folks that take the time to post & are willing to share their knowledge. Thank you kindly, Paul
Hello from Delaware!

I have been retired for a week (YEA) and my wife and I are in the process of buying a B&B in Vermont (hope to close on Nov. 1).

I have a lot of experience cooking on ceramic grills (BGE & Primo) and use a BBQ Guru to control temps for lo-n-slo cooks.

That said, I want to step up my game for the B&B and make smoked trout a signature appetizer and start smoking sausage, etc.

I am hoping someone can advise me if there are special considerations about what cooker you need to get to comply with commercial safety/health requirements. I am really interested in the SM160, but I am not sure I can afford it right after buying the Inn.

I also have a general question about cooking times. I bought the Gettin Smokin, CS cookbook and they give many times in terms of times per pound, when starting with something like 4 ea, 18 pound roasts. If you are cooking 60 pounds of meat at 180, 600 minites sounds about right, but what happens when you are just cooking just one? I cannot believe an hour and 40 minutes gets it.
Welcome aboard BobS.
Congrats on your retirement and B&B.
I have a FEC-100 and love it. I'll tell you how I figure my time.
Take your largest piece of meat, in your case an 18# roast, and figure 1-1/2 to 2 hours per pound. First off, I would cut that big thing in half for 2-9# chunks. I usually cook at 225-250F.
Of course, Smokin! Been living in Washington, DC, for about 7 years now. I've wanted a smoker for a long time but condo living downtown isn't the best place to do it, especially given the DC Fire Codes (no open flames!) and dealing with the condo association. Even considered moving just to have the outdoor space to 'que, but the conveniences of living downtown are just too good to give up, for now. I never really thought about an electric smoker until recently. After lots of reading about CS, I'm kicking myself for not getting one sooner. Looking forward to learning and sharing my own experiences with this group. This is a great forum with lots of good peoples!
Hello everyone...

I live in New Mexico and I have been BBQing for about 15 years. The last 10 or so have been on a BGE large. I love it but I am looking to "up my game" and perhaps get in a contest or two. Really looking hard at the FEC 100/ 120. This forum has been really useful.

Scot
Congrats Marty M. I have had my 025 for almost a year now. You will love it! Have you smoked previously? You didnt mention what part of the country you live in. What do you like to cook?

Because of this wondeful smoker I have tried so many new things. I make my own jerky. I smoke my own almonds. I have made pastrami out of cow tongue. Smoked Salmon, brisket, butt, ribs, holiday ham, cheese, and chicken and I can't forget one of my favorites, my very own bacon.

I now wish I had a taller smoker, which equals more $$$. I have taken to making my own sausages and wish I had more vertical room to hang them.

Looking forward to hearing about your smoking adventures. Good luck.

Vicki
Hello all. New to smoking. Just received my Elite. Early Christmas present from my wife. We usually have ham for Christmas Eve meal. Looks like Pork Butt this year!! Maybe a side of ribs.
Plan on spending a lot of time on this site trying to avoid pitfalls.
Appriciate all the information on this site!
Welcome. You can still make a ham. I just did for part of my Thanksgiving meal. Check out Maria-Anne's post under pork from November 10th. She did a fantastic job of documenting her process. It came out great and can be done a couple days in advance if necessary.

Of course, there is so much to be said for a yummy smoked pulled pork for Xmas.

You are gonna enjoy your experience.
My name is Jim. I have been reading up (ok, lurking) for a month or so. I've been good this year and Santa is amenable to a smoker, so I think an order is in order. Never had one, but have always figured it's foolish to waste time and $- so going right to a cookshack. From the Saratoga Springs area, which is probs not a smoking hotbed, but we're gonna get it heated up before 2012 is out. What to get??
Well alot of these are made when ordered, I dont think they habe a lot in stock. I know mine was a few weeks wait. You may want to give CS a call tomorrow and discuss your options with them. They will give u as much time on the phone as.u need. They are really nice. Tell them what u wanna smoke and they will steer u in the right direction. Or, folks on here can do the same. Always consider the next size up if you can swing it. I have mine for a year now and I would love a bigger one!!! You will love whatever you get. I love mine. I have a 12 lb packer brisket going in early AM tomorrow for dinner...YUM
Santa just showed up at my placed dressed like a UPS driver. He rolled up the back door of his truck and unloaded a SM025.I have it in the back yard right now going through the break in.While I wait I am rubbing up some St. Louies for Sunday. This is going to be the best Christmas ever. Marty
quote:
Originally posted by Pags:
Welcome aboard. I like the way you cook with the libations in the food or sauce. Once you get the hang of the smoker and like your results, please share your recipes and techniques.

Here's a BBQ Smoked Beans recipe we really like. Naturally, it has some Jack Daniels in it.

Thank you for the recipe...sounds awesome, can't wait to try it. A question...is there a reason you use the throw away pans versus a cast iron type dutch oven? Maybe its the size, or weight? or maybe clean up...just wondering if I can use my favorite old seasoned dutch oven...thanks again!!!
Hi Everyone. I just got my smoker Amerique and I cant wait to start using it every week. I just posted a question under new topics asking about cooking ribs in tin foil for the final 2 hours. My cousin has an older model cookshack and is a long time smoker. He swears by this method of cooking pork ribs for 3.5 hrs and then putting them in tin foil wrapped shut for the final 2 hours. I havent seen this method on the website. Any thoughts on this or opinions.
Thanks
Vicki,
Thanks. That was very intersting. I have 2 slabs of pork ribs, so I am going to try one in the foil and leave the other out. That way I can compare. And i thought smoking was going to be so easy. Just put it in, turn it on and wait for it to be done! lol. This is tougher than grilling with all these decisions. I cant wait to try them when they are done. Happy New Year to everyone.
LOVE TO BBQ HUNT AND FISH BUT SEEMS LIKE I SPEND MORE TIME WITH SMOKER,ITS ADDICTIVE.HAVE HAD A LOTS OF DIFFERANT PITS OVER THE YEARS AND I AM NOW READY TO TRY COOKSHACK 750,BIGGER THAN I NEED BUT PRICE IS RIGHT.PERSON I WILL BUY FROM IS GOING TO TAKE TO COOKSHACK AND HAVE THEM GO THRU FOR ME.MAYOR OF WICKENBURG,AZ AND IN UP DOING MANY FREE EVENTS TO HELP COMMUNITY.WHEN YOU LOVE TO BBQ AS I DO YOU WILL FIND ANY EXCUSE TO TURN ON SMOKER.MY WIFE SAYS,CAN WE EAT ANYTHING THAT DOESNT HAVE SMOKE ON IT,NOPE, NOT IF I AM DOING COOKING.
I am Jerremy. Just a country boy from Alabama. I own my own company Southeastern Investigations,Inc. I am a private investigator but love to smoke meat. I posted earlier but I guess that I posted in the wrong place. I think I posted in the open forum sorry guys like I said I am new to all this. But I just recently got my first cookshack sm025 and I am very pleased with it. I have owned BGE and WSM but I like the set it and forget it ease with the cookshack. I can't say enough good thing s about it. Just wish I had bought a bigger smoker.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.