Skip to main content

It's that time again! Here goes:

This is the place to sign up for the January 2013 Sauce and Rub exchange. The exchange will work like this. You will submit your name here to this forum. I will add you to this list at the bottom of this post. You will then send me your name and mailing address to my private message box. I will reply to you that I have received it. Then when the sign up date closes, I will begin assigning each of the participants a recipient. I will then private message you your recipients name and address. You will have 10 days to put together a package containing not less than $25 in sauces and rubs. These sauces and rubs should be something you created or with some research a retail item that you think your recipient has not had the opportunity to try. It could be a local joints sauce or rub that only is sold in their establishment. It could be a sauce or rub that you pick up out on the circuit. Have fun with it, get creative and keep in mind that the $25 is a minimum. But nobody should expect more than the $25. I suspect a lot of people will be discussing their box here in the forum. Maybe you could add a personal touch item to really kick up the experience. A couple of your favorite beer coasters, a bbq sticker, etc etc. Not expected, but could be an added bonus item. Please remember this is supposed to remain anonymous and then once shipments are made you are free to discuss the boxes, sender, likes and dislikes. Just keep it light and honest. Some participants might actually send you a secret recipe they have been working on or one they use at home. They might actually like to hear some feedback. But, let me remind you. It is not a requirement in this exchange to send a homemade item.

Listed below are the important dates and some information.

$25 minimum
January 11th deadline to submit your name and address to me by Private Message.
January 12th assignments to be Private Messaged to you.
January 14th-21st shipping
January 21st all shipments should be completed.

Here is the list of participants. Check back here to see your name on the list. Also I will place a Smiler next to your name once you send me your address.

Cal Smiler
AndyJ Smiler
SmokinMAINEiac Smiler
Smokin Okie Smiler
MooOink Smiler
Joe M Smiler
MaxQ Smiler
BD in KS Smiler
Soleman Smiler
bubbasz1 Smiler
papasmurph Smiler
Cook One Smiler
S&H Smiler
Que'n RN Smiler
Smoke Em If Ya Got Em...Smiler
Pags Smiler
iSmoke Smiler
ADK JIM Smiler

Feel free to ask questions through Private message or post them here to the forum. Please only reply to this thread that you want to participate or if you have questions. We will create a new thread for the time when people wish to discuss the boxes. Thanks everyone! Have fun!

Our past 2 exchanges were a lot of fun, and a lot of very cool sauces and rubs were exchanged. Not to mention all the cool extras people throw in their boxes. Some of you are just plain crazy generous!

Enjoy! Have fun! And remember, Sauce and Rub exchanges can be addicting and you might meet some new friends. Newbies are welcome!!
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Padrefan98:
Keeping in the holiday spirit...did you know it's more rewarding to give rub/sauce then receive rub/sauce?

(hidden bump)

Any reason some of you guys with 10 million posts have not signed up for this? It really is worth the effort an fun. Really surprising how good some of the items you receive are. Sign up, if you were waiting on the Myan's, that's over. Sign up.
quote:
Originally posted by Cook One:
Any reason some of you guys with 10 million posts have not signed up for this?

That would have to be Smokin' you are talking about? While he has been REAL busy, he did take the time to sign up.

I would like to see a few more new members and lurkers sign up, there'll never be a better way to get your feet wet.

On a side note, my box is gonna be filled with some products that a Jack Daniels World Championship WINNER has recommended. That should make a nice gift for some lucky forum member!

Happy Holidays everyone...
quote:
Originally posted by cal:
quote:
Originally posted by Cook One:
Any reason some of you guys with 10 million posts have not signed up for this?

On a side note, my box is gonna be filled with some products that a Jack Daniels World Championship WINNER has recommended. That should make a nice gift for some lucky forum member!

Happy Holidays everyone...

Pick me, pick me! I just restocked some of the rubs Cal sent me in the first exchange! I'm sure his next box will be a good one!

Merry Christmas everyone!
quote:
Originally posted by AndyJ:
quote:
Originally posted by cal:
On a side note, my box is gonna be filled with some products that a Jack Daniels World Championship WINNER has recommended.

Mine will have some stuff from the winner of the American Royal Invitational. Actually, my box is ready to go, just need an address.

That's where I was on the first exchange when my box got mailed on the day I received my recipient's address.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.