Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by Padrefan98:
Almost 900 views on this thread. Lets get more sign ups. It's going to be fun. Don't be afraid to join our exchange. Just look at the list of participants. Some of the finest cooks are on board. You are going to receive amazing products.

Why thank you for your comment regarding "some of the finest cooks are on board" it humbles me.
Bump.

Almonds out ready for the smoker.

Here they are smoked and ready to be vacuum sealed so they can go into the Sauce and Rub Exchange package.

They're not all going in. Saving some for us. Also, some London Broil sitting in the fridge waiting to be jerkified. Planning on throwing in some jerky also. Got the sauce and rub ready to be packed.

Rub, sauce, jerky, almonds, recipes. This is a kick everyone. Join in, share and receive something different. It broadens all our barbecue experiences.

Don't need to be an old pro or competition cook to do this. Just need to share. I received a package in the first exchange from a newer member and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
I'm so new I don't even have my smoker yet and I joined!

I called CS to ask about my SM025 and she said they got slammed at Christmas with almost 100 25's ordered. She said hopefully mine will ship in the next few days...Can't wait to get it! With all those new orders there has to be a ton of new members in here...so C'mon guys sign up.

I'm from the County where the Tri Tip was invented and perfected over 100 years ago.

Who ever gets me is going to get hooked up with authentic seasonings for a Santa Maria style Tri Tip BBQ.

Smoke Em If Ya Got Em...
What a coincidence. I'm including my homemade Santa Maria Rub also and the recipe. Tom got me hooked on it, and I also use the rub on other roasts. Tasty...and addictive.

So Smoke Em. You from Central Coast California? Also, is your Santa Maria Rub commercial or homemade?

PS. I also vacuum sealed 2 lbs of smoked almonds as one of the surprises we all like to throw in. Well. Guess it's not a surprise anymore. Big Grin
Last edited by pags
Just a little teaser for all of the players. I just received word that we have a winner for the quickest shipper. There is a package on it's way to one of you.

No the exchange has not started. There is still time to sign up. Roughly 48 hours.

We had a participant that needed to send off their package early due to circumstances beyond their control. So please be on the lookout for a unexpected package. It could be you! Smiler
I am starting to input all of the participants in this year’s exchange into my very complicated system. Wink

I would like to recognize a few participants who are on their 3rd exchange. We have only done 3 and that makes them NUTS for exchanges. (please correct me if I miss someone) My historical data isn't exactly fool proof. Plus I am from California...

Cal
Joe M
Cook One
S&H
Que'nRN
iSmoke
AndyJ

Thanks to you all who keep coming back hoping you are the one to receive furniture in this year's exchange! Razzer

I am doing my very best to ensure the 6 of you and all of the returning participants receive someone new to send to and someone new sends to you. In the previous exchanges I tried to keep people from being of close proximity. This exchange we have a lot of midwesterners. That with the no repeats, it's going to get a little harder keeping you out of the same region. So please forgive me and please work hard to find something that your recipient probably hasn't had or can't find. Thanks all!

Please check your email early and often tomorrow. You should have your recipients by Kickoff of the Denver game. I have friends coming over, and I promised Ribs from the PG500. Gonna attempt 6 racks of St. Louis cut. Will see how that goes.

Have a great evening everyone! And it's not too late to sign up.
Last edited by padrefan98
quote:
Originally posted by Padrefan:
I am starting to input all of the participants in this year’s exchange into my very complicated system.

Oh boy!...I struggle at making a TicTacToe game,so I for one appreciate your help and would want to point out that it was YOU that came up with the original idea of doing this exchange, THANKS so much. While I'm hoping someday to find a participant that will send me some bar chairs to go with the cool bar table that I received on my first shipment, I enjoy all the different sauces and rubs that have been sent. I have actually reordered some that have been given to me, so it can't be all bad being part of this.
quote:
I would like to recognize a few participants who are on their 3rd exchange. We have only done 3 and that makes them NUTS for exchanges. (please correct me if I miss someone) My historical data isn't exactly fool proof. Plus I am from California...

I'll let ya slide since you're from Kalifornia. Wink Add me to the list.
quote:
Originally posted by AndyJ:
quote:

I'll let ya slide since you're from Kalifornia. Wink Add me to the list.

Sorry about that AndyJ...Not about leaving you off the list, but for being from "Kalifornia" Although Illinois did crank out some pretty bad politicians...oops wrong forum. Wink
A funny thing happened on the way to the market. Eeker
Going to the Detroit Eastern Market is always a good time, strap on the Sig Sauer, get some cash and go shopping.
Well, I must have been a little preoccupied this morning and missed my freeway, ended up by the Ambassador Bridge, no big deal, get off turn around and get on with life.
Not anymore, once you get off the freeway your in the duty free store, AKA Customs.
It's not a good thing to be at an international crossing with a loaded side arm, they kinda frown on that stuff.
So after driving around looking for a place to get OUT I stopped and asked some dude emptying trash, he laughed, happens ALL the time, just go in the store and they'll get you a pass and take you to a gate and let you out.
What a way to wake your sorry ass up at 6:30 in the morning. But I made it, got to the market and got some-buddy's goodies, won't say WHO.
Evan picked up a whole 22 LB shoulder for next weekend and some ribs for tomorrow. He had to cut the ribs out of a half a pig Big Grin got a whole bunch of made in Michigan stuff(some from my own town) so it made the whole morning worth the excitement. (Well not really but!!)
quote:
Although Illinois did crank out some pretty bad politicians...oops wrong forum. Wink

Hey what other state can say that half of our last eight governors are convicted felons? Heck we even elect people that are currently under indictment. Even had one of the indicted politicians expelled from the House, only to get re-elected a few months later. And on top of all that, we're broke. Roll Eyes

Back to Bubba-Q... Big Grin
Nothing like Chicago politics.

Hey Cal. You're my lucky recipient. Box will ship today. Look for it next week. Hope you enjoy.

Please excuse the impersonal letter (explaining my products). I boxed it up before I knew you were my selection.

Pags

PS Sorry. No barstools. Big Grin

PPS Technically, my box has shipped. It's now in my car waiting for UPS to open in 30 minutes.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.