4 tablespoons paprika
4 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons onion powder
2 tablespoons black pepper
2 tablespoons cayenne
4 teaspoons dry mustard
4 teaspoons ground cumin

Liberally apply to a patted dry beef brisket or pork baby back ribs, wrap tight in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Smoke cook as you wish and be prepared for some drop to knees good 'que!!

Ya'll come back now, ya hear.

Mr. Bones
We cook the flavor in, NOT paint it on!
Big Grin
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Smokin' and/or others... It's been many years since this thread was posted on... I'm doing a brisket this weekend, and i don't have any C.S. brisket rub... I've got C.S. Rib Rub and C.S. Spicy Chicken Rub.

I'm looking for a good and simple (trying the KISS method for my first brisket)brisket rub. If you've tried the rub above, could you please let me know what your review of it was?
Thanks guys! i've been reading and i know a lot of you guys tried the one recipe with pop and all those other ingrediants. I didn't want to go over board on something that seemed so smiple to smoke. Looks like salt, lots of pepper, and granulated garlic are getting the 'nod' for this Friday night!

I have a few other questions, so i'll create a new topic in the brisket section.
quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Hull:
Generally speaking granulated is dried, and minced is moist, or wet

You can buy it either way.

Duck-C just a suggestion for spices. Google Penderys and Penzys. Both outlets offer a wide array of herbs & spices. I've found them to be of higher quality and better value vs supermarket brands.
LOL.... yea, i guess my obsessions started with girls, then hunting, then computers, then pickup trucks, and now it's smokin' meat! Although, this smokin stuff isn't as expensive as the pickup truck and hunting hobbies! LOL

well maybe if i bought a FEC750 with all the fixin's then we might be getting close. LOL

So your sayin the 'cheap' McCormick spices i have in the kitchen at home aren't that great to use?
Thanks Pags, but i'm not much for Government Motors, i'm a Ford F-150 man... don't like any other fords but the trucks.... Last year when i wanted to get a smoker, i was looking at the Bradley's, and BOY am i glad i found this site and i didn't get a bradley. I've been on their forum before and they don't hold a candle to the knowledge on here!!! Smiler

Just talked to my buddy, whose parents own a local farm that grows hay and corn. Other farmers buy the hay and corn for their cattle... Instead of money, most of the farmer's pay his parent's by butchering on of their cows and giving it to his family.

Well my buddy just emailed me today and said his parents don't like brisket, and the butchered cow they just received from a local farmer has some brisket. SOOO, they said, they'd just give me the brisket. I tried to offer money to them and even to smoke the brisket and take it over to them for dinner. They just said to take it because i help them load hay sometimes... So we'll see how good the brisket is they have in the next week or so. Smiler

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.