Skip to main content

I got my AQ 7/1 and have been to occupied to introduce myself.I've been reading the forum and taking notes. To date I've smoked 90 wings,6 boston butts,45 chicken thighs,and 6 racks. the Mrs. says I need to take a break (I'm not tired yet though). Our Lab doesn't agree. She loves the AQ. I learn more every time.

They say smoking is bad for you... who are they!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Cal, speaking of seasoning... I was three hours into the initial "seasoning",when we got talking about dinner. I couldn't take it any more,so I got a can of chicken breast,beat an egg, mixed in bread crumbs added a splash of apple juice formed into patties sprinkled with C/S spicy chicken rub and placed on foil for the last hour.Rolls,fries,Yuengling lager and we called it dinner.

They say smoking is bad for you...who are they?
Bubba, Thanks for the kind words. I am trying to up to speed on this as fast as I can. My cousin and her husband want me to do ribs and pb for the concert in their vineyard in the middle of August. The pb is easy, the Carolina sauce Smokin' had on another thread is a big hit. My ribs need more work. My wife was complaining until I told her the weekend would pay for 25% of our AQ. I appreciate the info shared here. when I get behind my ears dried I hope to be able to contribute some.
P.S anyone gunna be in centeral Pennsylvina the middle of August? give a shout out to me, bring a camper and of course your CS!
quote:
Originally posted by cal:
Hey, start a thread in the rib section and we'll help on the next ones!

I find that ya will be your hardest critic, but heck just ask, because so many of us are still learning. I have never had a guest complain or walk away hungry, but it might be the adult beverages!lol

I'm still learning on the ribs and the adult beverages is point well taken, I'll have to stop and get some beer next time, but I hate to taint my taste buds. Cool

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.