Skip to main content

Hey Cal, I was right there, where you are. I chose to go with the Edge Pro stones. I personally think the Japanese stones are a little bit overrated. Ben Dale (Edge Pro owner) sent me an email response about something else, but this is his quote on Japanese stones;

"I have tested them against my stones and don't think they cut as good or produce a better finish. Plus they cost 3 to 4 times as much. I just don't see the point. Some people think they are finer but they are not. The Shapton 15000 is exactly the same as my 1200. They don't have anything that goes into the realm of the polish tapes."

You will get your knives screaming sharp with his stones and save some bucks. Those chosera stones are $30-50 each to replace. The Edge Pros are $14. You get more for your money if you go with the Apex 4. It is real easy to get all caught up in the stone craziness. I know, I was all in it. I got in the hype while running though all the knife forums. Then, I came to my senses and realized, I just want some sharp knives and go on with the rest of my life. I got some sharp knives all right. Good luck with your choice. Either way, you can't go wrong.
Last edited by crazysmokinlarry

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.