Skip to main content

OK, this is a new thing I have been working on, but this sounds like the place to bring it up. I used a brine at Thanksgiving for my turkey, that a friend suggested, that was based in A&W Root Beer. It turned out wonderful. So I have tried it with Chicken and I am getting rave reviews. I am presently looking to add the same flavor with a rub. So I was thinking about ground, dried, sassafras root. comments?
Well here's the newb resurrecting another old thread. Actually it was still close to the top. Not a lot of activity here. I guess a rub would depend on what you're going for in the end result. I'm as green as a newborn's diaper when it comes to smoking, but I have been cooking for a coupla decades. Hey singles guys that cook eat better. Home made curry powder (I recently moved, the book's packed away still) or the ingredients would make a neat rub for chicken. That one book has about 6 or 7 curry recipes. Do a real coarse grind. Same thing with Chinese 5 spice powder, get the sutff, coarse grind, rub.

For your current (3 year old recipe) cumin, just a touch.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.