Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I usually do 4 turkeys in my FEC 100.  I've also done them on my FEPG. The first one I did on the PG I forgot to flip mid cook so it was brown on top and white on the bottom.  Fortunately it withstood another 30 minutes upside down to get browned.  This year I'm doing 2 in the FEC  brined and spatchcocked. The 101's are always a great resource.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! 

Thanks for chiming in, JOEM. You've been around here longer than I have, so you know that back in the heyday, there would have been at least a dozen replies on what folks were planning for T'Day. I miss that. Smokin' Okie would be sad.

Sorry to disappoint, but this year, we are going traditional with a roasted fresh turkey and traditional sides - nothing from the smoker. Although for New Years, I'm doing a really nice lean hunk of pork belly I got from my (reasonably) close by Asian market which has the most incredible selection of fresh fish and meat all year, I don't know how they do it, but I love it!

Was going to do a turkey in the FEC today, but I think my draft fan broke. Have to take a look in the next few days to see if that's the problem. But Plan B turned out OK, I fired up the Big Joe with some pecan chunks.

Looked up the price for the fan on the Cookshack site. $135 YIKES! Same fan available at Mouser for $28.

andyj posted:

Was going to do a turkey in the FEC today, but I think my draft fan broke. Have to take a look in the next few days to see if that's the problem. But Plan B turned out OK, I fired up the Big Joe with some pecan chunks.

Looked up the price for the fan on the Cookshack site. $135 YIKES! Same fan available at Mouser for $28.

I bought mine at Digi-Key.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.