Skip to main content

I have learned to live with the +/- 10 degree swings.  As hotlick says, they aren't designed to run perfectly steady and honestly, the swings are a key contribution to the superior smoke flavor.

But your swings of 50 degrees are unacceptable IMO.  A smart first step would definitely be to get back to factory settings which that chart you attached seems to be mostly that.  Then try to dial it in from there.  If no success, you definitely have a hardware issue.

I think my issue lies in the LHt. I thought initially I had a controller problem so I called and they sent me a new one. Same thing. Needless to say they are a bear to adjust. You need the patience of a Jedi.  Just wondering if they have upgraded in the last year and a half to make them easier. I think it is easier in spring and summer. I have not tried high temperature cooks, mainly around 200 F.

Welp, good luck and keep us posted.  I think the last update was in March 2018.  Sounds like your unit is newer than that.

I have what I understand to be the latest and greatest controls.  In this day and age, it seems woefully outdated though.  I don't need wi-fi control or an app or anything, but tighter performance in the smoke/bbq spectrum would be appreciated.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.