Skip to main content

I am going to do my frist 6lb loin on Sunday. I was searching today on here for a brine for flavor. The links on alot of the post/search didn't work. Probabaly my puter, anyway. I know most like to grill loins, but I gotta give it a shot. From reading the post, I want to do a flavor brine. Anyone got one to post.

Also,

On a 6lb loin what would you expect the time to get to 140 be? I have an 08. I do use the method of it's done when it is done method. Just need a ballpark. That way I know approx when to start it.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I think you could use Smokin's Holiday brine to good effect, but you could cut it in half since you won't need a gallon. Also, I'd go to 155* on the loin then pull and tent with foil for 30 minutes. 140* is too low in my opinion. Should take 2-3 hours I'm guessing.

Smokin' Okie's Holiday Brine:
1 gal. water
1 c. coarse kosher salt
¾ c. soy sauce
½ c. white sugar
½ c. brown sugar
½ c. honey
½ c. apple cider vinegar
4 Tbsp. black pepper
3 - 4 Tbsp. chopped garlic
1 tsp. Allspice
quote:
Originally posted by Derek:
Thanks Todd! I was thinking of taking it to 140 and finishing it on the grill to 150. At what deg temp will there be no pink? I love the pink, but I am cooking for a tough family crowd for fathers day.

depending, you could take it to 200 and it might be pink, because of how the smoke works (but the food would be nasty)

Tell the crowd that PINK is a function of low and slow BBQ, not being undercooked.

If they dont like that answer, tell them to eat a burger.... oh wait, a WELL DONE burger

Big Grin

PS. If you EVER see a broken link, please PM me with the exact URL and I may be able to fix. However, many people have posts, that because we've been here 10 years, the links are old and broken. But I can check.

Let me know

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.