Skip to main content

I did an internal temperature check on my SM055 after work. I hung my digital probe cable with the probe end even with (but not touching) the tempature probe (Thermocouple) in the smoker. I turned the dial up to 250˚ and watched the temp start rising when it hit 340˚ it toped out. It backed down to 336˚ and the unit started heating again.

I can see the electric meter for the house as it is within a couple feet of where the SM055 sits, so I can tell by watching the speed of the electric meter when the unit kicks off/on. The reason I did the temp check was I wanted to be sure it got at least 225˚.

I am very pleased with the results the internal temp. The max may very if it has something like a Boston but or a brisket to heat instead of just air.

If you are concerned like I was about your Cookshack smoker not getting hot enough you can try this test. I do not know how accurate the digital probe is at this temp but I don't think it can't be off more than 25˚ at the most.

This test was on my unit and not meant to reflect in any way negative on the CookShack Products.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.