Skip to main content

I have noticed grease drippings accumulating on my deck both during a cook and after sitting after a cook.

I am using a 9x11 drip pan easily covering the drip hole in the smoker and the drip hole under the front door. I have been lining the smoker with foil as per the manual.

I have looked under the smoker and really cannot see where it is coming from. Is this normal or any suggestions if this should happen?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by liddown:
I have an 025 and do not have this issue.. One thing you can check is to make sure the smoker is sitting level to promote the correct drainage...

I'll check that. I am cooking with it on a pool deck that is somewhat sloped where a covered area meets the pool decking with a drain area running between the two. I think I have it centered between the two areas and close to level.

Even if not level shoould there be openings in the inside to allow leakage except where the drain holes are?
does the 025 have the rails for the drip pan to slide into?? if it does, and the 025 isn't level, it's conceivable that the grease is following the rails and dripping from there.

i don't have an 025, but on the 066, the drip pan slides flush to the bottom under the two drip holes (one in the chamber and one on the lip under the door)
I have a 025 with the same problem you are describing. I put a 9x11 pan and a 6x6 pan behind it. So that i have coverage through the whole bottom of the smoker. I think what is happening is juice doesn't just come out of the hole straight into the pan. It drips slow enough that it will leak from the hole outside underneath and travel to the back before dripping. I have looked underneath and don't see any other explanation.
quote:
Originally posted by Padrefan98:
I have a 025 with the same problem you are describing. I put a 9x11 pan and a 6x6 pan behind it. So that i have coverage through the whole bottom of the smoker. I think what is happening is juice doesn't just come out of the hole straight into the pan. It drips slow enough that it will leak from the hole outside underneath and travel to the back before dripping. I have looked underneath and don't see any other explanation.

I think you are correct and that explains the above posts about not being level. I'm going to look into some type of fitting to go through that drain hole that will fit flush on the inside so as to not hinder the draining but has a short stem or nipple on the outside, say 1/8 to 1/4 inch that would force the grease to drip vertically and not crawl along the bottom.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.