Skip to main content

Just got my SM009 on Saturday. The wife didn't know what to get me for Christmas. I told her I would be right back. Came home w/ my wounderful present. I seasoned it Saturday, and smoked ribs on Monday. And they were great!!! Plan on a brisket or butt this weekend. The info on the forum has been great. I am so fired up right now I can't see straight. I will post my future smoke stories.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks Alot. I will be cooking my first Pork Butt ever (I mean ever, never have cooked one) on Saturday. This fourm is so great. I have written down a ton of info. I think for my first Butt I will go with smokinokie's rub, mop, etc.. from pork butt 101. (He seams to be well seasonded) I do have one question. I got the Taylor meat themometer from Target. Do I jab the whole probe in to the 90 degree part? Or do I just put the first part in? Sorry if this is a redundent question for you vets, but I am 30 years old and I am like a kid in a candy store with this cooker. I will post pics and info of my first Pork Butt smoke.
Derek -- No need to mop. This is a very moist smoker. Mopping means opening the door and you really don't want to do that unless absolutely necessary. Resist the temptation! Wink

Make your first smoke as simple as possible and build from there. Keep note on everything you do so you tweek if necessary next time.

Looking forward to your report and pics. Big Grin

Good luck!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.