Skip to main content

Hi all

I decided on a Cookshack a while back and I ran across a 2007 SM150. I was able to get it for $500 and it was only used a few times. The guy said it was too big for what he likes to smoke. His loss my gain I hope. With this economy I think he needed money.

Are these units fairly simple to use? I am going to try a brisket first.

Everything I have heard on the web about the Cookshack smokers and the support you receive is top notch gold treatment

Thanks
Steve
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:

Everything I have heard on the web about the Cookshack smokers and the support you receive is top notch gold treatment

All true, but it doesn't change the fact that these smokers are extremely complex and take most people years to master. It might take months just to get marginal results as the initial learning curve is so steep. You don't want to go through all that I'm sure. I'll help you out. Wink

I suggest you not bother to use this smoker at all. I'll cover your $500 so you don't have to take a loss, and I'll be by to haul this burden away Monday if that's okay. Plus I'll throw in a lightly used Brinkman smoker that you can get started using right now. No manual or directions at all, just plug and play.

Sometimes a deal isn't what you think it is, and I'd hate to see you get stuck. We help each other out like that around here. I'm sure there will be other, similar offers to help, but remember I got here first. Big Grin
That is the traditional workhorse of the commercial kitchen for CS.

Many others are built from it's foundations.

I could teach my neighbor's chimp to cook almost comp level briskets and butts on it.

The cooker is simple,if you know something about cooking the product.

Now,contrary to Todd's generous offer,with his background,he could run it over his cellphone. Big Grin
I don't know a "date" for the change, it was just during one of the electronics updates during the new smoker releases (Amerique, IQ4 for the FEC's). It's not a "have" to have option, it's nice if you're running a full 150 in a catering/restaurant, but you can do fine without it using just remote temp probes and a Polder thermometer (or similar)

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.