Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

While I've never used a SM160, I used to use a CS150 before moving up to a FEC100. If this is your first Cookshack smoker, you'll love it.

As for tips in general, stay within the recommended suggestions for wood use. You don't need a lot to attain great flavor profiles. Cover the top of the wood pan with aluminum foil, as well as the bottom of the cabinet for easier clean up. Don't forget to poke a hole in the foil for grease access to the under pan.

Let us know how the PB turned out, along with any follow-up questions. Welcome to the forum.
I have a smaller residential CS, but have learned that a fella needs to be aware of where the element bends,this tends to be the hot spot. This is the place that you would want to place your wood in the wood box.

I like to place my wood with the sawed part touching the bottom of the wood box,while the amount of wood is a personal taste. I like to use 3 chunks of wood myself on PBs.
One thing to try is wood placement. Look at your wood box tray and you can see the "hot spots" due to discoloration of the metal. Position the wood chunks on those hotter areas and don't cover the ventilaton holes. In my Amerique, you only need about 4-5 oz of wood for a full load of PB. Adjust amount of wood upward until you get what you are looking for. Also, some people put a "packet" of wood pellets, i.e. pellets loosely wrapped in aluminum foil. But again, go up slowly on the wood, you really can oversmoke in an electric CS.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.