Skip to main content

Hey all, just purchased my first smoker. Wouldn't you know, its a Cookshack SM045 and a cover. Did a lot of online leg work and read this forum for the last three weeks or so. You guys are a bunch of characters, but man you all know que! Anyway, got any suggestions? After seasoning, what should I use as my first smoking victim (hopefully not literally)! Thanks, PEACE OUT! Just call me "Q", hope it's not taken and no disrespect meant.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Well the store I ordered from called me and said that the smoker was out of stock. Even though the website did not say they were! They have a smoker(sm045) that had a few minor dings in the door and the right side caused during shipping from Cookshack to their store. They said the warranty is being honored and that the damage is minor. They also gave me an extra $75 off the price of the smoker, so the total was $1129.99 with free shipping so I think I got a good deal. What do you guys think? I still have time to cancel my order if I need to. Other sites wanted $125.00 to ship the same smoker, go figure.
quote:
Originally posted by Quecrew:
Well the store I ordered from called me and said that the smoker was out of stock. Even though the website did not say they were! They have a smoker(sm045) that had a few minor dings in the door and the right side caused during shipping from Cookshack to their store. They said the warranty is being honored and that the damage is minor. They also gave me an extra $75 off the price of the smoker, so the total was $1129.99 with free shipping so I think I got a good deal. What do you guys think? I still have time to cancel my order if I need to. Other sites wanted $125.00 to ship the same smoker, go figure.

So for only $75 more you can have a perfect brand new smoker? Are they offering free shipping on a non-damaged smoker?

I'd pass on the scratch and dent and wait for one without the dents. You are spending over a grand for this item!!!
If that is the one at Charcoalstore.com I would say PASS - I too had considered it but frankly if I'm shelling out that kind of money I would want a used one over one dented like that one. I want to be doggone sure the door seals perfectly and so on... Just tell them you want a minty fresh one.

Good luck, hard to go wrong with a SM045...
Thanks guys, got something from another store. Should be receiving in 7-10 days. I also ordered gloves,an injector,the Maverick 732 dual probe, plus an extra probe just in case. I'm looking for an awesome pork butt rub for my first smoke. Where to go (link), or on this site, new here too. "Q" to ya.
I'm really glad to hear you switched to a new undamaged one with someone else. I was literally getting ready to pull the trigger on that SM045 when a kid about an hour from me who had a SM150 called me - his ad had been on CL for over a month and I wrote him so many times he said he had to contact me first because I was so persistent. Deal done in minutes... I dropped $1400.00 on the SM150.

You will love the SM045. Do the break in run like on the YouTube video and make the first thing you cook off in it a pork butt - dead easy and it's got enough fat on it that it'll be the beginning of a great seal job. You're in for a lot of fun, these Cookshack smokers are the best... I hardly cook inside any more. LOL
quote:
Thanks guys, got something from another store. Should be receiving in 7-10 days. I also ordered gloves,an injector,the Maverick 732 dual probe, plus an extra probe just in case. I'm looking for an awesome pork butt rub for my first smoke. Where to go (link), or on this site, new here too. "Q" to ya.

Good man! Smart move. Let the smoking adventures begin! As an aside, I never ate ribs when I went to a BBQ joint. Didn't care for ribs. Made my own on the CS, now we have ribs twice a month. Follow the guidelines you'll read on this forum and you will become famous with family and friends for your ribs.
Thanks Vicki. I also purchased my rubs,an injector for when I get better at this here stuff,some pulling gloves and the Maverick 732 dual probe. Also bought my smoking wood:apple,maple,pecan and of course the hickory from Cookshack.I think I'm set but I'm one of those people that wants all the cool smokin toys there are out there.You guys are rock stars,and you know who you are.Peace out, "Q"
quote:
Thanks Vicki. I also purchased my rubs,an injector for when I get better at this here stuff,some pulling gloves and the Maverick 732 dual probe. Also bought my smoking wood:apple,maple,pecan and of course the hickory from Cookshack.I think I'm set but I'm one of those people that wants all the cool smokin toys there are out there.You guys are rock stars,and you know who you are.Peace out, "Q"

Don't forget to get some frog mats. You'll love 'em!
I am the same way. I had to have an injector (got a great one from my first sauce/rub exchange (oh yeah, better do a find on that one, you should definitely join in next time)), I bought one of Butchers BBQ injections, gloves, a rib rack from CS. Oh, I bought a kick a** meat slicer and more. Not enough hours in the day! You will see, it is contagious. Just wait until you start making your own beef jerky and bacon! We r all here to help, just as you will be as you gain experience and find recipes and great stuff you want to share will all of us.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.