Skip to main content

I just picked up my new SM045 at Fed Ex freight last night (stainless steel grates, cold smoke baffle). Brought it home, assembled it, threw in a chunk of wood, and seasoned it about 8 hours thru the night. This morning I smoked baked beans for 5 hours in a Lodge dutch oven (no lid) and then threw on a spatchock chicken for the family coming over.
I came from a WSM I have had for a couple years and got tired of the aggravation of starting the fire, babying the fire, and all the cleanup. Now I think I'm in "smoker heaven". All I can say is WOW what a GREAT smoker this is. The build quality is superb. The startup and cleanup is super easy. The food I cooked today was perfect and everyone enjoyed it. This little smoker just sits there almost silent, all you hear is a tick from the relay turning the element on and off and it just cooks away with no intervention at all... amazing!!!
I was about to pull the trigger on new SOB water smoker when a friend/ customer of mine who is a certified KCBS judge told me about Cookshack. Since then I have been reading this forum/ studying over the models on the Cookshack website for a couple of months trying to decide which one to purchase. When I narrowed it down I called Karen at Cookshack and she helped me with the final decision. I sent her numerous emails and she answered all my questions promptly. Everything I read about their customer service is true. Outstanding! I was concerned about receiving a damaged unit via UPS (as some on the forum have experienced). Karen shipped my smoker on a pallet via Fed Ex freight and it arrived in perfect condition.
About the forum... I really enjoy reading the forum. You all seem like a great bunch of guys and gals! A big thanks to you Smokin' for all your work on the forum. Looking forward to many years of reading.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.