Skip to main content

I used smoker once without probe,seemed to work fine. On second try I couldn't get the LCD screen to come up on controller(would brighten but no display) and decided to take controller off and indoors overnite to warm and make sure no moisture accumulation(weather had been damp, but 066 is on protected roofed porch.)Next AM, Got LCD to display but top half of readout was faded on each numerical display, and temp probe wouldn't work(would set temp at at 225, probe at 200 degrees, start, and the "done alarm" would go off.)I managed to start the 066 with temp at 225 and time at 10 hrs(no temp probe) for a 7 lb pork butt. Is my controller defunct or am I?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I had the same issue with my Amerique when it arrived late December. It's due to a faulty controller supplied to Cookshack. Call customer service Monday. Tony will get you fixed and running. Your smoker will work; you just can't really see the numbers.

Sorry to see your Cookshack experience off to a rocky start but this is really beyond their control. Rest assured Tony will take good care of you.

Welcome to the forum.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.