Skip to main content

I have a SM008 that I bought about 8 months ago from and have used about 10 times. I've loved it, but the last time I used it I've noticed a problem. The paint/powdercoat on the inner edge of the top of the door (where the smoke is known to leak out)has wrinkled and contracted so that the metal is exposed. The area is about 1.5" x .25"- don't know if this happened from the hot smoke leaking out from the door or what.

The exposed metal hasn't started rusting because its covered in smoke residue, but I expect that it will as some point. The other problem is that know I know that the door will never create that good seal we want.

Has anybody had this issue before and have deal with cookshack about it?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Mastiff0 The powder coat on the door laps around to the inside which is actually stainless. The peeling you see is common once the smoke and oils get under the paint it will start peeling some from the interior. It doe's not sound like anything to be concerned about but as RibDog said give us a call at Cookshack if you have concerns.
As far as the "seal on the door". I have a 020 that is the painted metal, but as electro tech pointed out, the stainless part of the door frame and the stainless part of the door are what come in contact with each other. After a BUNCH of smokes on my 020 I'm getting a good line of smoke built up where they go together, which has cause a better seal.
quote:
Originally posted by RibDog:
It never ceases to amaze me why owners come on this forum to ask a warranty question when you should first start off with calling Cookshack and giving them the chance to deal with the issue first. Please, call Cookshack and give them the chance to take care of the problem first before posting it on a public forum.

Your point is very true, but we are a forum to which we sometime give answer's that we know should not be asked>>or should it been?? True it wasn't a "BBQ" question but I don't think it was a question out of context for the forum. Could be I'm wrong, Sure, I'm wrong most of the time, but a couple of members gave solid answer's that may have made the user at ease, if not he could call cookshack and ask.
All,

Just a REMINDER.

This is the kinder, gentler forum. Let's try to be helpful and point people the right direction not comment about intentions. And ANY owern that has a question about their smoker is welcome ANY time.

Keep in mind, some people are intimidated by phone systems and feel, given how helpful we are, that they can come to us for help.

Also, many times they come to us when it's after hours or holidays.

They can always come here...

...except for warranty or many cooker issues.

CS POLICY is for the user to contact CS direct, not the forum as CS people don't monitor the forum for support issues.

ANY owner reading this, please note, I nor do any of the normal members work for CS. We'll try to help, but always try to contact CS first.
Link copied to your clipboard.