Skip to main content

So, just purchased a fast eddy 240 and loved it for the first 2 weeks.  Last cook, came in to find a THICK white sour-smelling smoke coming out of the chimney.  Opened the burnbox and pellets poured out of the door. 5 briskets, 4 shoulders later...oh well, stuff happens. Clear out burnpot and box, unplug and reset smoker for tonights cook. Starts fine, running a good temp and nice clean smoke.  Come back 4 hours later to check on the smoker, and same thing happened.  Can anyone help?

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I have an FEC100 and an FEC 120 but they're pretty much the same.  I'm just trying to help, and in no way am being a smart ass, but you do know you have to clean the ash out of the fire pot right?  I vacuum mine out before every cook.   My brother borrowed my 120 and used it for a few events for my nephews hockey team and called me panicked with the same problem.  told him to clean it out and it worked fine.  They are the best pellet smokers on the market, but they're not magic!  LOL!!!!   

I have FEC 100. Damp pellets will also cause this regardless of the make or model of a smoker. Make sure you keep your pellets dry. I store mine in the bag the come in and put that into a trash can with a lid. I also believe that lower quality pellets come pre moisturized . I don't buy top of the line but I also avoid the lower end. Hope this helps.

Happy Smoking

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.