Skip to main content

Way before I actually started making the Meat part of "Q", I was making salsas, sauces, and seasoning blends. Heck, as of this date I don't even have a good smoker.

Well one day about 2 weeks ago I was just making up a bunch of sauce "Hot Licks", which can be found on this board. I mean I was making a whole mess of it, like 2 gallons. And then I started wanting to experiment......"hmmm... what have I never seen done before? What can I do that will totally trip people out?".... Well here is what I came up with...

I made that batch and took half of it and split that half in half. So basically I had one gallon and 2 half gallons. Then I added about 8 ounces of homemande Jamaican Jerk PASTE --- not seasoning --- to one half gallon. To the other half gallon I added about 8 ounces of Walker's Wood Jamaican Jerk paste. I let them sit for an hour or 2 to blend.

I took them to a party and I have never had such a good reaction to one of my sauces! Now these people mostly like Jerk so I expected them to enjoy it. But they went nuts over it. I had people asking me to make them batches and they would pay me. Unfortunately it isn't worth the time and effort for money's sake, but it is worth it to make your friends happy.

Finally somebody took some of my sauce and "cut" it with sour cream and started using that for a dip!! Now I never would have thought of that one, but hey, people seemed to enjoy that too.

If and when I open my business I plan to but that one on the menu for sure.

If anybody tries to make their own version of this I would like to hear about how it worked for you.

Enjoy.... Chuck
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.