Skip to main content

So,

I'm going to try my first video and create a PRIME RIB 101 based upon the post.

One thing, I saw a post and someone asked about quanity and it got me to thinking.

What, if any questions do you have for PRIME RIB 101.

Obviously I have to keep the video short, but what major questions (that aren't covered in 101) do you have?

I'm going to talk about:

Meat Selection
Meat Preparation
Generic Smoker Method (time/temp/wood)
Finishing/Holding
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Minimum size.

It seems like a lot of folks here cook smaller pieces of meat than what I consider optimal. I bet most wouldn't cook an entire rib. So do a piece more in line with what you think might be a more common size, like a 3-5 bone, down to the point where it just wouldn't work.

FWIW I don't think I'd do less than about 8#, but that's likely still too big for most folks.
1. Definitely the prep
2. Crust/high heat before or after the main cook
3. How long to let stand & where (in the smoker or on a countertop?
4. Meat temp when put into the smoker
5. Meat temp when pulled
6. Meat temp when sliced (just curious)
7. Would also like to see how quickly the meat goes from "well done (outer crust) to medium rare (inner part of the roast) - slice by slice, if that makes sense.

Thanks Smokin!
quote:
Originally posted by Wheelz:
7. Would also like to see how quickly the meat goes from "well done (outer crust) to medium rare (inner part of the roast) - slice by slice, if that makes sense.

Thanks Smokin!

That probably won't happen. You'll be lucky to get shots of it after slicing, since this is for the Holidays and I'm SURE the family won't wait for me to slice my way through it.

Thanks for the input, I'll try to put my thoughts together, have to write a script down, hire a producer and a director.... LOL
quote:
Originally posted by Woody512:
Would where to place in smoker be a viable point? Low rack, middle rack, top rack, ... ??

I'm going to keep it generic, shoot it would be tough enough to address the various smokers here.

I do have to keep the video short enough so people will watch.

I'll try to say something like:

[i]When in doubt, always put it in the middle]/[

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.