Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Welcome to the forum, narrator.

What are you cooking it in?

I do it in my Cookshack 008 Smokette on 250* with a 1-2 oz chunk of wood, garlic cloves, and rosemary in the woodbox. I only use salt and pepper on the roast, sometimes I insert garlic clove pieces into the meat. I cook/smoke until internal meat temp reaches 125*, take out immediately, allow to rest open on a kitchen countertop for 30 minutes before slicing. I like to do at least a 6 pounder, usually larger.

Cool
If my memory is good, a prime rib roast is a roast made with the same part used for the ribsteak, except not sliced in 1'' slices? Am I right on that ?

If so, how do you deal with the bones ?? remove them then tie it back with roast rope ? or deal with it once cooked ??

Interesting I was planning that for Friday night supper and was asking myself alomost the same questions!!
Do I set it in the smoker bone side up or bone side down ?

And smoking at 220, for a 3 pounder, approximately after how long « should » I expect it to be done (internal 125) ? I know it's done when it's done Big Grin...but a timeline is always good to have...

I was planning on puting it at 2:30 PM to be ready around 5PM - 5:30PM and let it rest for ½hour and eat at 6PM...

(note to self, use search...)
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinOkie:
Well, I'm sure I'll get slammed like I have been recently...[/URL]

Smokin, If the slammin' continues, send em my way! Guarantee it will end! Big Grin Been taking a few hits myself. I just have em drink the Kool-Aide & they haven't been back since! OMG! Must be something in the air!
quote:
Originally posted by Wheelz:
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinOkie:
Well, I'm sure I'll get slammed like I have been recently...[/URL]

Smokin, If the slammin' continues, send em my way! Guarantee it will end! Big Grin Been taking a few hits myself. I just have em drink the Kool-Aide & they haven't been back since! OMG! Must be something in the air!

Must be an epidemic due to the heat or something. Happened here also. What is it you do about it, neighbor?
Hey Smokin, I thought "Draft Prime Rib 101" was a new beer you were working on. I know that adult beverages can be an important part of BBQ. Ok, Ok, I get it, thanks for the update. I will have to read that one. I make prime rib for my Christmas in July party each year, it comes out perfect each time. I use a model 55. Roger

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.